Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer printing photos with a yellow cast

Options
  • 11-10-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    Hope you can help with this problem that's driving me bananas! I have a Canon pixma MP 500 printer, and its given fabulous service since I got it about 7 years ago or something like that, not really sure how long I have it to be honest. The thing is, I can't seem to get it to print photos on photo paper without them all having a strange yellow tinge to them. I even bought genuine canon ink cartridges as opposed to the cheaper compatible ones to see if it would make a difference, but it made no difference whatsoever. There also appears to be a faint scratchy line running along one side of the pics sometimes.
    Could it be a driver update issue? The Canon website says it can't update the printers driver because its running on windows 10, and they no longer issue updates for that system. So frustrating! The printer prints better on normal paper, but pics still appears quite yellowy. I did the usual maintenance cleaning, but nothing is helping. Would it be worth taking it to a repair shop to see if they can figure out what's wrong with it? Or should I just get a new printer?
    Thanks in advance,
    J :)

Comments

Advertisement