Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAGNET broadband

Options
  • 11-10-2018 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

i used to have magnet before, i used to get 7mb for 50 and now i signed back up again a year later and they said i can only get 4mb with nothing is different same equipment and modem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The copper line could have gotten worse.h

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IrishMayo26

around 4 months , the line is exactly same eircom even came to check it , its like they want to just give me lower mb , they usually say when i ask all it can run is 4mb and iv got more than 4mb before off them.

The pricing should also be set lower for people that dont receive the speeds like 50 euro for 4mb thats ridiculous in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The pricing should also be set lower for people that dont receive the speeds like 50 euro for 4mb thats ridiculous in 2018

That's unfortunately not how it works. The price consists of a fixed price to provide the line and then the amount of bandwidth makes very little difference to the cost.

It actually costs more to deliver the broadband on the older technology as the older gear uses more electricity, but they can't abandon it, because the newer technology can't get the distances.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IrishMayo26

I asked eircom around 3 years ago when they will have fiber in my area and they said 6 months, its still not even any sign of it,

yeah but to give me 7mb before and now they can only give me 4mb,

its very annoying trying to get something done on potato 2.0 internet in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its very possible that a line would be 4Mb for ADSL and 7Mb for VDSL. They may have installed the wrong product (or VDSL prequal could have started failing).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

i used to have magnet before, i used to get 7mb for 50 and now i signed back up again a year later and they said i can only get 4mb with nothing is different same equipment and modem.

Have you looked at other options, wireless or mobile broadband ?.

Advertisement