Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Node.js or C#/.net in Dublin.

Options
  • 11-10-2018 9:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm currently a PHP developer. I like programing, but PHP is a mess.. I'd rather use node or.net. What's the most popular and we'll paid in Dublin. On the surface c#/#net seems like it's better paid, and corporate. But Javascript seems more fun. Node, Angular, React, Mongo all seem like a more enjoyable stack? But can I work for bit corporate companies with Javascript as a stack.

I notice Accenture are recruiting for software developers and the only tech listed are JS frameworks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

node is loosely typed, same as php so there's the potential for it to be the same mess as php

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

node is loosely typed, same as php so there's the potential for it to be the same mess as php

I did some C# and MVC5 in college and I loved it. Kinda wish I sticked with it. I'm going to refresh my C# skills, and then learn dotnet core. It's very nice looking, there's plenty of opportunities, and it pays great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Talisman

Node.js is a JavaScript runtime that is built on Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine - it's not a language itself.

If you want to used a typed language then there is TypeScript - it's a strongly typed superset of JavaScript that compiles down to JavaScript.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Deviso wrote: »
    I'm currently a PHP developer. I like programing, but PHP is a mess.. I'd rather use node or.net. What's the most popular and we'll paid in Dublin. On the surface c#/#net seems like it's better paid, and corporate. But Javascript seems more fun. Node, Angular, React, Mongo all seem like a more enjoyable stack? But can I work for bit corporate companies with Javascript as a stack.

I notice Accenture are recruiting for software developers and the only tech listed are JS frameworks?

You can do both? You can be full stack, so use C# and Web API 2 on server side, and then build client side applications using Angular or React.

You'll be more attractive to companies and your day to day job will be more rounded.

Regarding Accenture, don't bother with them if you like software development. You're better off working in dedicated software companies rather than service providers

Advertisement