Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Entry Requirements - Business & Marketing - HELP! :(

Options
  • 11-10-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me. I am 28 and I want to go to DIT to study sales and marketing, business, however, their criteria for application is as follows:

"Minimum second class honours bachelor degree (2.2 or higher) third level NQAI level 8 qualification, or equivalent, in a non-business discipline

AND

A minimum three years work experience in a Marketing/Business/Leadership role or function within an organisation."

Unfortunately, I don't have either of these. I studied for four years and received 3 ITEC Honors diplomas but decided that beauty and special effects was not for me, stupid I know.

In the years since I studied Beauty, I have worked my way up through administration and office jobs, with eBay, Google and most recently as a clinic co-ordinator.

My question here, is how do I get around the requirements? My dream over the years has been sales, marketing and business, my dream job would be as a sales director for a company, but my younger stupid self wanted to do beauty and while I did get a qualification out of it, it's not what I want to do.

I would be so grateful if anyone had any kind of information about DIT part time courses and if there are any ways around the criteria, I understand that they accept dissertations but I'm not sure that would help when I have an ITEC qualification :/

Also, I will be contacting the college soon regarding this, I would just love to know if anyone has any experience with this.

Thanks so much :)

Advertisement