Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Mail Restore

Options
  • 12-10-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

So it looks like I "accidentally" deleted all the mails in my inbox on outlook.live.com, I have selected the restore the deleted items option but there are literally thousands of mails going back to 2007 in there. Does anyone know how to select all here or do I have to select each one individually? There's no Select All button that I can see and the microsoft website is no help. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Has it just restored everything to your inbox? including ones that you previously deleted?

If you need to select all so you can delete then it may be easier to install a free email client on your machine (Zimbra and Thunderbird are decent).

Once that's installed then you can sort by date, sender, subject etc. and you can delete a whole load at a time.

It is small progress, but select the top one then shift select the last one. Maybe you can move then 30 per time.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Has it just restored everything to your inbox? including ones that you previously deleted?

If you need to select all so you can delete then it may be easier to install a free email client on your machine (Zimbra and Thunderbird are decent).

Once that's installed then you can sort by date, sender, subject etc. and you can delete a whole load at a time.

No I haven't restored anything yet as it doesn't have a recover all option, you have to click each mail separately. The online GUI is a nightmare for this, I may go back to a client I think after this mess.

It is small progress, but select the top one then shift select the last one. Maybe you can move then 30 per time.

Thanks, this seems to be the only option. :o It's going to be a long day in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I have not attempted to restore, but in Outlook.com on FF and IE(not using chrome, but should be same) you should have option to select "all", at least per page and options to sort by certain criteria.

463684.PNG

• Advertisement

I have not attempted to restore, but in Outlook.com on FF and IE(not using chrome, but should be same) you should have option to select "all", at least per page and options to sort by certain criteria.

463684.PNG

Is that on iPhone Smuggler? I don't have that option on IE or Firefox on PC and I've had a quick look on chrome and firefox on Android and no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Is that on iPhone Smuggler? I don't have that option on IE or Firefox on PC and I've had a quick look on chrome and firefox on Android and no dice.
    This is on PC, Win8.1
    IE v11.0.9600.19130
    FF v62.0.3(64bit)

Mobile versions might have less flexibility, perhaps.

So I posted on the Microsoft forum and had a very helpful guy go through loads of settings and stuff but still couldn't restore all. The last option was to sign up for a 1-month trial of Office365 and download the Outlook app. Fired it up and the option is there in Deleted items\Recover Deleted Items folder to restore all. Why Microsoft don't include this in the Web version is beyond me.

Anyways, case closed, mails are restored and now I just have to sift through all the junk again and delete!!!

Advertisement