Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Alarm System & Live Video (motion sensor)

Options
  • 12-10-2018 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I am looking to replace my basic alarm system to a wireless alarm system which would deter burglars.
    I also would like live video with night vision (for security surveillance).

What system would people recommend that can do both your basic alarm and also video?

Extra info: I am Android, my wife is iOs.
    We have a Netatmo thermostat but that is all in terms of Smart products.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well you could think about getting IP cameras separate from the alarm system. They don't necessarily need to be integrated in one, though that can be handy too.

Nest, Logitech Circle, Arlo, Yi Cameras are all decent options amongst others, depending on your needs.

As for the security system, that depends on what features you want and how much you want to spend.

On the cheap end you'd have the DIT self install systems like Yale and Honeywell, along with some of the above camera options (actually the Yale and Honeywell systems also have integrated camera options too). On the high end, you'd have professionally installed alarm system from the likes of HKC, Siemens, GSD, etc. along with some Hikvision cameras.

Advertisement