Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whats with the Double Standard on Trump Rally Videos

Options
  • 12-10-2018 10:33am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Like the title says, Whats with the double Standard on Trump videos ?

Im just wondering what the rules we are playing by are ?

Is it that a video of a Trump Rally with some pro-Trump Administration comment is not allowed , but a video of a Trump Rally with insulting remakrs about Trump supporters is ?

Just want to know whether we are agreed on the double - standard or whether theres an actual policy , or is it make up the rules dependent on the moderators personal bias.

I had my own post of a Trump Rally removed TWICE and recieved an infraction for posting it.
    see DR thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057916451

yet Ive reported both these posts and neither have been removed.
    Buttonftw wrote: »

Hope this doesn't count as a link dump. Was watching this earlier and it's just amazing. He comes out around 13 minutes into the video. If you want to get angry just watch it. I know it's tarring with one brush but the crowd are idiots. I don't want to say that, I don't want to think it, but they are. The inane ramblings and repetitions and talking about the election. The outright lies. They lap it all up.
    Without a crash he's in again in 2020.
    TomOnBoard wrote: »
    It's a mirror of George Orwell's "Two Minutes Hate" from 1984.

“The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but, on the contrary, that it was impossible to avoid joining in.”

Trump is just feeding the lust for hate and anger in 2018 in a selection of his Base... Dreadful stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is not a DR, so moving to the Help Desk.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

No problem,
    thanks for clarifying the rules, that double standards will be applied and it all depends on the Moderators bias.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No-one has clarified anything

There are no site rules at play here, but I presume this relates to a specific forum, and if so have you asked for comments of local mods?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And I've just clicked on the posts you mention, and both have had the videos removed

Sure ..
    plenty discussion last week includng both durcha and the mod ancapailldorcha.

It was fairly definitive , my post (put up twice and removed) of a Trump Rally was not allowed , and I recieved an infraction for doing so.
    I had plenty comment in hte original post and had watched it (they are very informative) theres lots of policy stuff in there.

Seems the rules have changed today and Trump Rallys are allowed , I will be sure to put one up in the coming weeks.

I just wish you mods and administrators would make up your mind... are ye allowing Trump RALLY videos or are ye not ....
    But like I said if the rules are DOUBLE STANDARDS and MOD/Administrator BIAS applies.. Im okay with those rules too. I just like to know what the rules are and what bias parameteres I have to work within.

• Advertisement

Its a ludicrous rule though, that ancapailldorcha came up with ..

How anyone could deem 1 hr+ of Donald Trump speaking to 7,000 of his supporters is NOT pertinent to the DONALD TRUMP Thread, is beyond me. AS I said on the other DR , it removes alot the color from the forum and all those SNL and Late Night Show Hosts cant be considered pertininet if 1 hour of Trump is not .

Plus think of all the wasted time for you administrators having to implement this ridiculous rule of no Trump Rallys in a Trump thread.
    Im sure you guys have plenty other stuff todo, I know I have/

Since you’re determined to keep dragging this up, let me paraphrase what I said in PM to you.

You are focused on a perceived technicality rather than addressing the bigger issue I pointed out to you. Your posting style is bombastic and OTT. It riles up other poster and could even be considered trolling. I advised you to reconsider your posting style and to actually engage in debate with other posters, rather than simply extolling the virtues of Donald Trum ad nauseum.

Keep this behaviour up, and I will be forced to consider you as willfully trolling.

Im not constantly dragging up anything. Its hte mods that cant seem to figure out what their standards are.

" percieved technicality " hardly...
    How can one person post a Trump Rally and a mod removes it twice and the poster gets an infraction
    And another person post a TRump Rally and it requires a 2 reportings, a DR discussion , and mulitple administrators need to get invovled to remove it

Percieved, technicaltiy and bombastic are big words but serve no purpose other than diverting the DR discussion away from the nub of the issue
    Is there a way to bring up a DR where the actual content of the DR is addressed as oppossed to diverting it to a direction some adminstrator wishes to bring it.

If theres a virtue of the Trump Adminstration you have issue with, feel free to express your views , on the Donald Trump thread. Its an open'ish forum for all.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Im not constantly dragging up anything. Its hte mods that cant seem to figure out what their standards are.

" percieved technicality " hardly...
    How can one person post a Trump Rally and a mod removes it twice and the poster gets an infraction
    And another person post a TRump Rally and it requires a 2 reportings, a DR discussion , and mulitple administrators need to get invovled to remove it

Percieved, technicaltiy and bombastic are big words but serve no purpose other than diverting the DR discussion away from the nub of the issue
    Is there a way to bring up a DR where the actual content of the DR is addressed as oppossed to diverting it to a direction some adminstrator wishes to bring it.

You’re not getting my point. Stop focusing on the video and instead focus on your style of posting.
    If theres a virtue of the Trump Adminstration you have issue with, feel free to express your views , on the Donald Trump thread. Its an open'ish forum for all.

I’ve posted my views on Trump and his administration many times in various fora. But that is not relevant here.

What is relevant is that an Admin is telling you that your posting style needs to change.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I should point out that videos aren't banned outright. What the Politics charter says is:
    When posting or linking to a video please provide a summary of the content as not everybody has access to video sites or the time to view them.

If someone has to watch the video to know what it contains, then it probably falls foul of the charter.

The reason for this rule and other rules about link dumping etc. are there is because Politics supposed to be a discussion forum, not a content feed.

In short, videos, pics, and links to external content are fine as long as they're there to support your contribution. They're not fine if they're in lieu of a contribution.

Hopefully this should clear any confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Also, generally speaking, we usually deal with these kinds of posts by removing them and issuing a reminder about the charter. We'd only resort to cards or bans in cases where people repeatedly do it or ignore a mod's instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Seeing as how Rigolo has brought up standards on the Trump thread, can I ask why a particular poster is allowed to continuously post false and misleading information and regularly soapbox? Both these things are specifically against the charter and the poster does them repeatedly. I get that there is a need to provide balance to threads but surely that shouldn't come at the cost of having other posters try debate against what can only be called propaganda.

Advertisement