Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling (spin bike time)

Options
  • 12-10-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hey, just got a spin bike. Dont usually cycle bought it for cardio.

Just done my first go I travelled 20.3km in 47 mins 30 seconds. At 3 quarter of a twist of resistance if that makes sense haha. Would this be a good or bad time. Im 28 year old. Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

impossible to say - too many unknown variables. we've no idea how much resistance three quarters of a turn creates, and it'd vary between bikes anyway.
    distance would not actually translate to the same distance in the real world too, it's mainly given as an indicator of your progress on that bike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

My experience on the turbo is that estimated speed, power and distances are meaningless in the absolute sense, i.e. in comparison to doing the same thing on the road, but useful comparatively. So if you do the same virtual workout a few minutes quicker next week, you're improving. If you want an idea of effort you're putting in, a heart rate monitor is useful. To get good real world data from a trainer you need an expensive enough unit like the wattbike.

Advertisement