Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of ID & Address for BOI Account - Living in UK

Options
  • 12-10-2018 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a Bank of Ireland account holder - have had my account for 15+ years. I am an Irish citizen but I am resident in the UK (have lived here for 5 years). I frequently travel back to Ireland so like having my BOI account for that. Also, I have transferred some savings there recently due to BREXIT uncertainty - I would like to hold some euros for hedging that risk. Anyway, I can provide my passport as proof of ID but my address docs would now be for my UK address. I want to keep my BOI account. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi MikeCork2009

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

You do not have to be an Irish resident to hold an account with bank of Ireland.
    To update your address you can log on to the 365online website here, select Service Desk and then Update Postal Address.

We're just a bit unsure of what your query is. Have you been asked to provide Photo ID and Proof of Address?

If you need help with anything else give us a shout!

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have been asked to provide Photo ID and Proof of Address.

I think I will need to firstly update my address on 365online as you suggest. Then I can use my Passport and a bank statement (dated in the last 6 months) to my UK address as proof of ID?

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Brilliant Michael thank you for the quick reply.

Yes that is exactly right, once the address is updated you can then upload your documents.

You can use a bank statement if it is from a different bank, you could also use utility bills, or a drivers license.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement