Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster v Wasps Match thread Friday 12 October 7.45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Try_harder wrote: »
    Hurrache wrote: »
    What's the deal with all the pink boots on the Wasp's team, is it because they play like sissies?

Given its October, i'd say its for breast cancer, but go ahead with pejorative language
    ah here, maybe the fella simply didn't know that, benefit of the doubt and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

BT really not chatting enough about how abysmal Wasps are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Dunno if it was picked up on camera but Elliot Daly was furious at his teammate for blocking him from tackling Larmour/not tackling Larmour himself. Gave him a huge shove and shouted at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Well that was lovely anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

ah here, maybe the fella simply didn't know that, benefit of the doubt and all that

Yeah, maybe it was just plain old misogynism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Pour Lamour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

swiwi_ wrote: »
    It would be nice if James Lowe had a bit more distance on his touch finders.

Yup, lineout inside the opposition 22 from the Leinster in-goal area would be nice every now and than :D

Damage limitation says Dallaglio. They're 39 points down FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

razorblunt wrote: »
    BT really not chatting enough about how abysmal Wasps are.

As I said before, they have to play to their audience.....

Can't really slag off how sh*t Wasps are and next week tell everyone how brillant they are in the Premiership.....

Wasps remember are 3rd in the Premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Given its October, i'd say its for breast cancer, but go ahead with pejorative language
    Cancer, but you go ahead and make an asshat of yourself with the bigoted language.

Cop on,. pejorative language my arse, it was a joke based on how they're playing made obvious to my subsequent post.

It's the PC lounge you're looking for. Jesus Christ (hope you're not a Christian), people getting upset by the use of the word sissies now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Clegg wrote: »
    Dunno if it was picked up on camera but Elliot Daly was furious at his teammate for blocking him from tackling Larmour/not tackling Larmour himself. Gave him a huge shove and shouted at him.

please someone get a clip of this if they can!

Still no need for the derogatory language

35 points in just over 40 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Elliot Daly not a bit happy with that try. Gave one of his own players (Sopoaga I think) a good shove in the back.

Cop on,. pejorative language my arse, it was a joke based on how they're playing made obvious to my subsequent post.

It's the PC lounge you're looking for.

You don't think it was pejorative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Sopoaga has been horrendous tonight. Literally everything he's done has been sh1t

Henshaw and Ringrose deserved that.....

Robbie!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

This is what is known as a "paddling"

• Advertisement

Sopoaga has been horrendous tonight. Literally everything he's done has been sh1t

He only just joined them

i would be more concerned about the rest of the team also been complete sh*t and have been their a few seasons

Wasps have literally nothing to show from this.

It's like a training exercise for Leinster where once the ball gets to our 22 we swap sides.

Honeslty how many kicks off's have Wasps messed up

They've been more moths than wasps...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I think poor oul Sopoaga is going to have nightmares about his trip to Dublin.

Citing for Ruddock.
    No arms in that tackle. The Wasps doctor should tell him they're winning.

• Advertisement

I know my citrus fruits, and Lima Sopoaga is an expensive lemon.

He was pretty damn ordinary in his last year in NZ, and he's been poor tonight.

Poite nailing the HIA.

Ruddock needs to send a crate of beer his way.

mangobob wrote: »
    I think poor oul Sopoaga is going to have nightmares about his trip to Dublin.

I'll imagine he'll be a bit quieter on Twitter for the next few days....

You don't think it was pejorative?

Absolutely not in the context, but people will always look for offence where there is none.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Has a ref gone off like that before? That's a thumping for wasps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »

Another try!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

What a second half! Magic

Yeah think there was something similar last season with Garces where he took a knock and had to go off.

They've been more moths than wasps...

FFS, what's with the sexism?

(And yes, I know it's a different spelling, but I assert my right to find offence where none was intended)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Well there'll be no complaints about Sean Cronin's two 'indisctretions' now.

That'll do pig.

That'll do.

Poite took that hit better than some of the Wasps defenders.

Ruddock was MOTM for me, an absolute machine.

Sopoaga looks like the definition of a good time charlie.

Someone give him some euros to get back to the airport.

Yeah think there was something similar last season with Garces where he took a knock and had to go off.

A few years ago didn't a ref pull his hamstring during a match, I think it was Leinster. Had to go off

Absolutely not in the context, but people will always look for offence where there is none.

I dont go looking for offence but I will call out sexist reductive pejorative language

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Mathieu Raynal in 2014 comes to mind. I've seen at least one more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

That will do pig. That will do.

Edit: Emmet in before me. Great minds etc.

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Well there'll be no complaints about Sean Cronin's two 'indisctretions' now.

Oh some people will still be crying about it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

Craig Doyle spent a while creaming over him before the get on how good he was. Again maybe playing to the UK audience but he couldn't have been further from the truth.

A very poor outing from him...

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    A few years ago didn't a ref pull his hamstring during a match, I think it was Leinster. Had to go off

There was also the French ref that got his leg broken badly a good few years ago

FFS, what's with the sexism?

(And yes, I know it's a different spelling, but I assert my right to find offence where none was intended)

What's a different spelling? V defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Lowe was pure entertainment as usual but Ruddock, Ryan and Furlong were absolutely brilliant. Major factors in Leinster smashing Wasps into submission.

I dont go looking for offence but I will call out sexist reductive pejorative language

Before you drag the thread off topic further, use the report function, and get a dose of reality. If I didn't find what you're trying to imply about me so dumb it would be hilarious.
    What's a different spelling? V defensive.

My point has been proven. If you said Wasp's played like mots/moths tonight that could mean to some that they played like women. Were you being sexist because you said that and denegrating both Wasps and women? I know you weren't, but if I was inclined, like you, to look to be offended, then I would jump all over you for making such a remark and make a song and dance about it.

And you just accused me of all sorts, why wouldn't I defend myself?

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ruddock was MOTM for me, an absolute machine.

I thought the Leinster midfield were pretty decent, I'd give it to one of Henshaw or Ringrose.

Buer wrote: »
    Lowe was pure entertainment as usual but Ruddock, Ryan and Furlong were absolutely brilliant. Major factors in Leinster smashing Wasps into submission.

Ruddock was a man playing with a vengeance. There's no way he can be left out of the squad at this stage.

Furlong, Ryan, Ruddock, Henshaw, Ringrose, Lowe

Not bad when over a third of your starting team play well enough to get MoTM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Love the attitude from Lowe. "We're not here to defend it, we're here to win it again".

Advertisement