Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUPE Regulations

Options
  • 12-10-2018 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

My job are currently in the process of a TUPE. I've been asked to attend a formal hearing due to absence. I've missed four days over a rolling six month period. Four separate absences which is cause for a formal hearing in their eyes.

Due to my witness not being available. The meeting is to be held after the TUPE. So when the company changes and new policies are invoked.

In terms of the absence Policy as it's a TUPE over. Should the new Absence Policy apply to me for the new company as that's when the formal hearing will take place? Or is the old Absence Policy which the absences took place still valid?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Hi All,

My job are currently in the process of a TUPE. I've been asked to attend a formal hearing due to absence. I've missed four days over a rolling six month period. Four separate absences which is cause for a formal hearing in their eyes.

Due to my witness not being available. The meeting is to be held after the TUPE. So when the company changes and new policies are invoked.

In terms of the absence Policy as it's a TUPE over. Should the new Absence Policy apply to me for the new company as that's when the formal hearing will take place? Or is the old Absence Policy which the absences took place still valid?

Thanks.

Hard call there..
    The meeting isnt happening at your request so in one way they could say thats your choice and new policy applies..

Is there much difference in the two policies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

_Brian wrote: »
    Hard call there..
    The meeting isnt happening at your request so in one way they could say thats your choice and new policy applies..

Is there much difference in the two policies ?

I don't think it would be a formal hearing under the new policy. They requested the meeting to be before I Tupe over but my witness is not available so it has to be after the Type. So I'm wondering should the new policy not apply.

Advertisement