Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam/Bait: Unsub 50010 SMS..?

Options
  • 12-10-2018 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

My Mum received an SMS this morning and it is causing her some confusion.

Is the following a bait or scam SMS or an official SMS sent out by Eir?

---

Dear Customer, we are currently updating our records and we need to re-affirm that you are of the age of digital consent which is 18 and over, in order to ensure you are always up to date with our special offers & promotions. If you are not of the age of digital consent please freetext UNSUB to 50010. From the eir team.

---

I find the wording a bit strange and it would be unlikely that they do not have her details on file by now, as she has gone through several phones and had her physical SIM (same number) replaced a good few times, either through theft or loss.

She is a senior citizen and is a bit spooked by having to unsub from a situation she wouldn't be aware of.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Amalgam wrote: »
    My Mum received an SMS this morning and it is causing her some confusion.

Is the following a bait or scam SMS or an official SMS sent out by Eir?

---

Dear Customer, we are currently updating our records and we need to re-affirm that you are of the age of digital consent which is 18 and over, in order to ensure you are always up to date with our special offers & promotions. If you are not of the age of digital consent please freetext UNSUB to 50010. From the eir team.

---

I find the wording a bit strange and it would be unlikely that they do not have her details on file by now, as she has gone through several phones and had her physical SIM (same number) replaced a good few times, either through theft or loss.

She is a senior citizen and is a bit spooked by having to unsub from a situation she wouldn't be aware of.

Any help appreciated.
    Hi there Amalgam

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can confirm that this was sent by eir so nothing to be alarmed about. We will be doing a formal statement later which you will be able to view here

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Thanks for the reply, and your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Amalgam wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, and your time.
    No problem, I'll pass this feedback on to Kyle. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement