Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Reschedule Event With Ticketmaster

Options
  • 12-10-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭

I made an error when buying tickets to an event on Ticketmaster.

I purchased tickets for the event on the Friday when I meant to for the Saturday.

I immediately contacted Ticketmaster via their contact form on the site but have heard nothing back.

I attempted to call up but the automated service told me when I attempted to transfer or refund the tickets that I must go through the message service on their site (that they haven't answered since I sent the message on Monday, the day I made the purchase - I received confirmation about the issue).

They also mentioned I have no recourse for a refund beyond 72 hours, which strikes me as suspicious, particularly seeing as I can't get a hold of them, and they're not answering my message.

I have looked up information online and found a page here, but I'm not sure exactly whether or not that applies to this situation.

I can only assume that their current process is designed to obfuscate the process designed for accessing customer service in the hope that I'll just give up and buy another ticket.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

<SNIP>

Concert tickets are exempt from the usual 14 day cooling off period, this means you have to go by what Ticketmaster are telling you in the above link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

For tickets? I highly doubt distance selling falls under the category of tickets.
    In fact, I'd be certain of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

swampy353 wrote: »
    Under distance selling rules you have a 14 day cooling off period AFAIK

14 day cooling off period doesn't apply to tickets as well as plenty of other purchases. They are under no obligation to exchange or refund you for your own mistake. They might do as a gesture of good will but if they don't, there's nothing you can do about it.

The information below comes from the CCPC website.

There are some items and services that are not covered by the cooling-off period. Your right to cancel does not apply to:

Tickets for events with a specific date or time– e.g. concerts or sporting events

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

shocksy wrote: »
    14 day cooling off period doesn't apply to tickets as well as plenty of other purchases. They are under no obligation to exchange or refund you for your own mistake. They might do as a gesture of good will but if they don't, there's nothing you can do about it.

The information below comes from the CCPC website.

There are some items and services that are not covered by the cooling-off period. Your right to cancel does not apply to:

Tickets for events with a specific date or time– e.g. concerts or sporting events
    On tm website it says you have 72hrs for a refund for change of mind. If going this route would take a screen shot to show time and date submitted, if they continue to not come back to you, you at least have some evidence that your claim was placed in the specified window

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

swampy353 wrote: »
    On tm website it says you have 72hrs for a refund for change of mind. If going this route would take a screen shot to show time and date submitted, if they continue to not come back to you, you at least have some evidence that your claim was placed in the specified window

I have my ticket received in my gmail account confirming that I've contacted them as of around 4pm monday.

How can they claim you can only get a refund within 72 hours when there's no possible way to contact them in that timeframe?

It's not the end of the world. The tickets are cheap enough. I just want to know so I can get the tickets for the other day before they're sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There was recent discussion about changing tickets in the gigs forum, people were buying the wrong section for slane, there might be phone numbers or something discussed there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057912588

Advertisement