Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data sim card for 2 weeks?

• 12-10-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi
    Travelling to New York soon. I want to get a sim card that I can use as a hot-spot for the family while there. Has anyone got any suggestions.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Make sure your phone is unlocked and go to a t-Mobile store, get pay as you go SIM.
    AT&T will work too but in my experience are more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Make sure your phone is unlocked and go to a t-Mobile store, get pay as you go SIM.

can you get them in supermarkets there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Also know a pre paid sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I have been using a Net10 sim for the past 4 weeks, purchased in Walmart for $40. Unlimited calls and texts along with 4gb data. I think you can add extra dats for $10 per gb. Net10 uses the AT&T network.

Data is expensive in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 notsogreen

make sure your phone is unlocked or buy new one with GSM and CDMA network types. You can buy prepaid plans at every big box store, gas station, pharmacy. My favorite is
    5e04be83-5e6b-4fbc-bd88-d05d9ebede5d_1.d1962b45222c3c003e0ef10ade9a7e23.jpeg?odnWidth=200&odnHeight=200&odnBg=ffffff
    Straight Talk $45 Unlimited 30 Day Plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

Vodafone (Ireland) prepay plan.
    €2.99/day for 200mb of data and unlimited calls within the US and to Ireland.

Advertisement