Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV engineer manual

Options
  • 12-10-2018 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi.

I have the above system which I installed myself many moons ago. It has started to false alarm this last year or so and is very annoying for my neighbours when I am away!
    The main culprit is the Saab and it keeps registering a tamper fault. The other one is zone 1 tamper.
    Is there anything that can be done to refurbish the sensors and bellbox? Also are there settings which can change the bells to go off after a set time?
    Finally if someone could send me on the engineer manual that would be great as I have lost it !
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Devil,

Please read the charter we can't distribute copywrite material on boards, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 19 devilbike

Stoner wrote: »
    Devil,

Please read the charter we can't distribute copywrite material on boards, sorry

Hi,

Sorry I didn't realise that. I had seen earlier posts where people had been able to get the manuals. With that in mind can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might get one?
    Many thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most good installers would have copies of these.
    The bell box is your main problem as these are no longer available & the S22 interfaces are very scarce also.
    Probably best to chase up installers who have experience with these systems.
    Beware of the ones who just want to sell you a complete new system though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

devilbike wrote: »
    Hi.

I have the above system which I installed myself many moons ago. It has started to false alarm this last year or so and is very annoying for my neighbours when I am away!
    The main culprit is the Saab and it keeps registering a tamper fault. The other one is zone 1 tamper.
    Is there anything that can be done to refurbish the sensors and bellbox? Also are there settings which can change the bells to go off after a set time?
    Finally if someone could send me on the engineer manual that would be great as I have lost it !
    Many thanks.

If you can check connections in the bell, Ive come across loads where the cable is a bit corroded and causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Divemastah

Hi guys.
    I’m another long-suffering Astec 63 victim! Recently it has started acting up and sounding the alarm whether it has been set or not. I’m getting a Zone 1 SAb ‘call engineer’ code up. I was wondering if there was anyone on the northside of Dublin that would be able to take a look at it & recommend any upgrades ( not the entire system obviously).
    Meanwhile can anyone PM me the Engineer’s manual so I can disable zone 1 if possible? I have the user’s guide, but not the eng’s one. Any help is appreciated

• Advertisement

Divemastah wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    I’m another long-suffering Astec 63 victim! Recently it has started acting up and sounding the alarm whether it has been set or not. I’m getting a Zone 1 SAb ‘call engineer’ code up. I was wondering if there was anyone on the northside of Dublin that would be able to take a look at it & recommend any upgrades ( not the entire system obviously).
    Meanwhile can anyone PM me the Engineer’s manual so I can disable zone 1 if possible? I have the user’s guide, but not the eng’s one. Any help is appreciated

We are not allowed share manuals on boards.ie

If you can check connections in the external bell to rule out corrosion on the cable and see if that clears the sab fault.
    Unfortunately that system is obsolete so different parts are becoming harder.
    Adverts does usually pop one up not and then.
    If you contact GSD they will put you in touch with installers in your area who can upgrade the alarm using the Astec perimeter sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Divemastah

Yeah, I went up yesterday and cleaned out the spiders webs and trimmed the +ve &-ve wires going in, no real sign of corrosion, but the alarm still goes off randomly. I was on Adverts and have sourced a couple of sensors, but no joy on the external bell as yet. Does anyone on here know someone that might have spares or eve parts for inside the bell box?

Divemastah wrote: »
    Yeah, I went up yesterday and cleaned out the spiders webs and trimmed the +ve &-ve wires going in, no real sign of corrosion, but the alarm still goes off randomly. I was on Adverts and have sourced a couple of sensors, but no joy on the external bell as yet. Does anyone on here know someone that might have spares or eve parts for inside the bell box?

That system is obsolete so sourcing bells or that is getting harder.
    Even if you can get a S22 it will allow you add a global SABB to that system.

Advertisement