Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel - 2nd November (as it stands) - Spoilers and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The venue won't change. It's over two weeks away, they just won't mention Saudi Arabia on TV and let the outrage die. It always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Crown Jewel from Parts unknown

The event was mentioned so many times last night on raw but no location

Trump is the only person who can change the location but it's doubtful he will

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So if not in Saudi Arabia, are we likely to get a women's match?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JBL say the Senators should STFU and the WWE should go.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1052217233454313472

So I imagine it's not been moved then ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Could this feasibly be moved at this point?

I do think there was a possibility of it moving initially but I knew WWE wouldn't do it unless they faced serious political pressure which is now looking unlikely.

I'm guessing they're ignoring where it is hoping the news moves on by the time it happens. I still expect wall-to-wall propaganda at the show.

ThePott wrote: »
    Could this feasibly be moved at this point?

I do think there was a possibility of it moving initially but I knew WWE wouldn't do it unless they faced serious political pressure which is now looking unlikely.

I'm guessing they're ignoring where it is hoping the news moves on by the time it happens. I still expect wall-to-wall propaganda at the show.

I imagine it would be logistics nightmare too move the event with it first being on the network live, being at the start of a euro tour, some guys being under contract esp for the event and then they have ticket sales and stuff to organize too

I was hoping it would be moved too Manchester/UK for the 4th Nov as it's a short trip from ireland and would be an unreal card to see live but it might not be as clear as we make it out to be when I think of the above

We just have to wait and see I suppose

From this article posted Monday they said Manchester officals were willing to pay WWE too hold the event at the arena ??

https://wrestleroyalty.com/2018/10/14/crown-jewel-moving/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah I figured as much, trying to match the money would probably be impossible. Also trying to sell tickets with such short notice would be crazy.

A delay would be needed, I'm guessing this is going ahead regardless at this point.

After constantly having to say Saudi Arabia up until this week, they're doing well to avoid saying it and changing it to "Streaming on the WWE Network"

I knw they can't come out and state there intentions about the event as it will be bad publicity even mentioning Saudi Arabia but they should and stop all the guessing about moving location etc

I personally believe they would sell it out in the UK if they move it to Manchester on the Sunday but what talent card would turn up without the saudi money would be another question

The sun has announced the show was axed but they make up some bollocks

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7517016/wwe-crown-jewel-saudi-arabia-axed/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd say there's zero chance it will be moved to the UK. The logistics of organizing a broadcast show on such short notice would be difficult, and they are doing the show for the money the Saudi's offer. If that show gets canned, they'll move the matches over to Suvivor Series.

I’d say the Saudi’s will throw more money at Vince not to pull out of the show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’d say the Saudi’s will throw more money at Vince not to pull out of the show.

I wonder is that the first time Vince was offered a lot of money not to pull out :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    I wonder is that the first time Vince was offered a lot of money not to pull out :pac:

Usually it's Vince offering the money after not pulling out :pac::pac: (Allegedly)

Ticket sales suspended and venue still not listed on WWE.com and app

Really need to make a statement and let everyone knw whats happening

It is possible too move it to the UK but 2 weeks is prob stretching it a bit but it will sell well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They also have started building the stage in the arena though.

https://i.redd.it/mt5u8dvx7at11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Vince is on safe enough ground I reckon as the Orange d1ckhead is denying his Saudi benefactors did anything wrong. If anyone else was President, the show would have been pulled by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vince is on safe enough ground I reckon as the Orange d1ckhead is denying his Saudi benefactors did anything wrong.

We've all had one of these days

https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/status/1053647237316857856?s=19

That happened me just last week

So is anyone here actually going to watch this on the Network or elsewhere and support the WWE and the Saudis in the white washing of murder, genocide and human rights atrocities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So is anyone here actually going to watch this on the Network or elsewhere and support the WWE and the Saudis in the white washing of murder, genocide and human rights atrocities?

I'm skipping it altogether, what with other more important things to prioritize, wrestling has to take a back seat for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

And propaganda. Can't forget that sweet, sweet propaganda from the Great State of Almightyness and Whatever the Fcuk Michael Cole is Forced to Repeat Against His Will

Definitely passing on this.

I know it won't make any difference to the money they make, and negligible difference to viewership figures. But I have no interest in watching a 4-hour promotional event for a country whose leader is happy to assassinate his critics. The fact that said event happens to be made by the WWE makes no difference to me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭briany

Virtanen wrote: »
    And propaganda. Can't forget that sweet, sweet propaganda from the Great State of Almightyness and Whatever the Fcuk Michael Cole is Forced to Repeat Against His Will

Definitely passing on this.

I know it won't make any difference to the money they make, and negligible difference to viewership figures. But I have no interest in watching a 4-hour promotional event for a country whose leader is happy to assassinate his critics. The fact that said event happens to be made by the WWE makes no difference to me

It's just a very odd event overall. On top of Michael Cole's proclamations about the 'progressive kingdom of Saudi Arabia!', you have all these Saudi bigwigs/royals sitting on big leather armchairs during the show and skulking around in the background during the pre-show.

If a Saudi Royal decided to hop the barracade during the main event and maybe get involved in the match, would they be allowed to? Probably.

The way things are going, maybe they'll get a call to do a show in North Korea. The fantastic Free Democratic Workers' Republic of North Korea. Lots of shots of statues of the Kims. A performance by some weird orchestra to start the show. Weird synchronised applause from the audience of inner party members, and John Cena thanking them all for coming. Great stuff.

Cole was a journalist before WWE too, you'd think maybe he'd have some reluctance in going there as some form of allegiance to the profession. Although I'm not totally sure if that man isn't an android at this point.

Anyway, I won't be watching. Not totally from a moral standpoint but mainly because the show looks shít and the GRR was crap too so I expect more of the same.

By all accounts most of the WWE employees that includes backstage crew and on screen talent don't want to go and I would imagine the mid card and lower card *guys are very worried about voicing their opinion as they would/could be Future Endeavored at the worst and at the very least it will hit them in the pocket in some way down the line as Vince wouldn't see them as company guys.

*Guys as the woman are lucky they don't get to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

what are people's opinion on Shawn Michael's sacrificing the perfect end to his career for Saudi blood money in a match
    that probably will be terrible?

Shawn Michaels Born Again Christian beliefs and preachings aren't standing in the way of taking that money that's for sure.

As the OSW lads say; "Fookin' carnies!"

Can I still hold out hope it might be moved to the UK or will it be near impossible at this stage too host it anywhere but Saudi this late ??

It's a farce atm and wwe really need to sort it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

honestly dont think it will change unless it come from old trump himself not to go

Advertisement