Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel - 2nd November (as it stands) - Spoilers and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This would be more intresting with bryan and cena

https://twitter.com/RobbieBarstool/status/1054445652011302912?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

sky88 wrote: »
    This would be more intresting with bryan and cena

https://twitter.com/RobbieBarstool/status/1054445652011302912?s=19

Kayfabe wise this could be handled easily enough as Cena never even technically qualified for the World Cup.

Should be interesting if true though.
    At this point it probably would take a mass revolt from talent to fall through and if there's two wrestlers who could do this without facing repurcussions it probably would be Bryan and Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cena could say his new Chinese Overlords are blocking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does Bryan have that much sway? With Cena on his side he should be okay, but on his own I don't think he would.

Idk, I mean he's one of the most beloved wrestlers on their roster. He's married to one of their most marketable stars. I think he definitely has muscle to flex.

I don't think they'd want to risk him going elsewhere or shooting on the company. I know he's under contract so can't technically go anywhere but I don't think WWE would want that independent contracter deal put under a legal microscope if it came to that.

Maybe I'm reaching.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd say it's more that Bryan doesn't feel he NEEDS WWE in the same way a lot of them do. I feel he'd be as happy in other companies as he is in WWE so probably has more courage to stick two fingers up at them if needed.

Oh of course I should probably phrase it as such, he doesn't need WWE he's already a star and WWE would do anything to keep him there and happy as he seems like someone who genuinely would be happy to go elsewhere. I think based on that he is in the position to stand up for what he wants or say he doesn't want to do something.

Of note too that Meltzer has said that he has heard similiar things that WWE Creative was told Cena would not be at the show and that the show is less certain than it was a week ago hence why tickets were not on sale on Friday as planned.

Yeah, John Pollock at Post-Wrestling was also saying he's been told that Cena is off the show.

I thought Angle was leaving him out of his video, but then he was there at the end.

And now we get a new Universal Champion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »

I'll be pissed off if they move it to the UK as I can't go due to work unless they change the date to suite me ha

https://twitter.com/TopRopeTravis/status/1055035518008860672?s=19

If true i Suppose having it in the US makes logistical sense and they can fly out straight after for the Euro tour. Save some guys a lot of hassle too

I wonder if they will add a woman's match or two then. Charlotte/Becky and Rousey/Bella rematches?

Also, it means HBK is coming out of retirement for what's basically a B level PPV :( Wonder if they'll pull shenanigans and try and save the match for a bigger show?

I'm gonna assume a lot of the more high profile matches will be bumped to Survivor Series and they'll add some new matches to fill out the card if this is the case.

ThePott wrote: »
    I'm gonna assume a lot of the more high profile matches will be bumped to Survivor Series and they'll add some new matches to fill out the card if this is the case.

They need a strong card for ticket sales as the change is such less notice.

Just over a week to sell 20/30000 Tickets

If it's moved to the UK it's possible it might be moved to a different date

We should know today anyway hopefully

I think they should just bite the bullet and cut this completely. I know it's been advertised, but there's now a lot of negativity attached to it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They need a strong card for ticket sales as the change is such less notice.

Just over a week to sell 20/30000 Tickets

If it's moved to the UK it's possible it might be moved to a different date

We should know today anyway hopefully

True but I don't think they can expect to sell that many tickets with the current card regardless. If this show does go ahead in the US for the same date this show will probably have dirt cheap tickets or lots of papered seats.

Remember that this show at it's current date is nearly two weeks from Survivor Series. They can't feasibly delay it that much.

If tickets do go on Sale Friday and the date stays the same they have one week to move the tickets. It'll probably just become a big house show similar to Starrcade last year. I still reckon they'll hold off on the big matches, your DX vs BOD and maybe even the 'World Cup' for Survivor Series. As there is currently nothing announced for that to move tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Wait a minute!! What's Crown Jewel doing in the impact zone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute!! What's Jrown Cewel doing in the impact zone?!

FYP

Makes the World Cup even funnier sounding now. All Americans fighting in America

• Advertisement

Rumours now it's Sat 3rd Nov in Manchester Arena

Prices for flights are through the roof for that day and the ferry too hollyhead is only half the journey lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rumours now it's Sat 3rd Nov in Manchester Arena

Prices for flights are through the roof for that day and the ferry too hollyhead is only half the journey lol.

The news sites are having a field day sharing fake rumours and exclusives on this. I bet ya Vince didn’t even hesitate on running the show over there. This show is part of a much larger deal, the media will forget about this next month and Vince will go back to raking in the money.

And boy does Vince love money.

From their 3rd quarter investor notes today

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2018/10-25-2018

WWE has operated in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very difficult decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia, the Company has decided to uphold its contractual obligations to the General Sports Authority and stage the event. Full year 2018 guidance is predicated on the staging of the Riyadh event as scheduled4

So, straight from he horses mouth. Show goes ahead as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Shawn's Bio pic on WWE has been updated. He looks in incredible shape
    Shawn_Michaels_Pro--d4bc7c99be4fcec510501f5e7d25bde7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

gerrybbadd wrote: »

those eyes are a bit off putting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Now if he only had the guts to remove his hat.

Looks like he lost his smile again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I'm sure he'll cheer up when he looks at his bank balance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

colmufc wrote: »
    those eyes are a bit off putting

One eye on Taker, the other on Kane.

Clever.

Advertisement