Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel - 2nd November (as it stands) - Spoilers and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

HBK lied to us in vicar street back in Jan saying he would not return to the ring

i guess saudi money is too much to turn down

anyway ill watch the event next friday and hope its decent. the DX vs BOD match could be a disaster and really whos gives a fiddlers about whos best in the world , is the wwe champion not the best in the world ???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, that's what I thought, but universal champion is best in the universe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yep, that's what I thought, but universal champion is best in the universe

its a wonder Thanos or Thor dont sign with wwe and try and win that belt lol

If Thanos joined, (I'll spoiler in case people feel it's an Avengers Infinity War spoiler)
    a good chance tag teams would become singles competitors

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ipck0m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Barstool sports saying that Cena is 100% off the show and Bryan's status is up in the air.

I'd worry for Bryan's long term booking if he does refuse to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Barstool sports saying that Cena is 100% off the show and Bryan's status is up in the air.

The problem for Cena when he makes this kind of stand is that he must now remain consistent. Will he now stop promoting WWE in China, as he has done over the last few years? He even went as far as to learn mandarin. If he looks into what the Chinese government have done and continue to do, perhaps it will lead him to not perform there the next time WWE goes.
    Or perhaps he won't care because Chinese human rights abuses aren't currently in the news and it won't impact his Hollywood career if he chooses to wrestle there.

At least Bryan stands to lose something by refusing to go, so we know he is doing it for the right reasons. Although he must now maintain a standard of consistency about where he does and doesn't perform, for risk of being called a hypocrite.

It's a bit like when transgender people were banned from using the toilets of their choosing in North Carolina in the States a few years ago and multiple big name music acts cancelled their shows there in order to protest the government. But then later on in their tours, some of the those same acts performed in countries where homosexuality is a crime.

Once you stick your head above the parapet and make a stand you'll be held to a different standard than others, and leave yourself open to criticism. I hope Bryan doesn't regret his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hogan say he's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bryan should be more concerned about the last 6 months than doing this but he still resigned over a month ago.

Hogan say he's going.

Bit of a prick move from him advertising he's going when the show was up in the air

All for his personal gain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Hogan say he's going.

No shock there brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

In before Hogan replaces Cena in the World Cup.

"Best in the World Brother and what you gonna do"

/s

So, speaking of the tourny, it strikes me there's a few dream-ish matches that we could see.

Angle vs Rollins (or, well, Angle vs any of them, really)
    Rollins vs Hardy could be brilliant.
    Rey vs Rollins would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ThePott wrote: »
    In before Hogan replaces Cena in the World Cup.

Nah he's setting up DX vs the NWO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ERG89 wrote: »
    Nah he's setting up DX vs the NWO

nWo going into the Hall Of Fame aswell so quite possible we could see this one

Twice ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Hogan taking the place of Sting?

If they decided sooner, Bryan could've been written out on Smackdown.

Hogan taking the place of Sting?

If they decided sooner, Bryan could've been written out on Smackdown.

He still can be.

Have Miz attack him backstage on Smackdown, and change the match to Miz vs Styles.

Was thinking Bryan wouldn't win due to it being an unimportant show and now with a new Universal champ guaranteed. But now he's unlikely to win when they do have the match as punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a ballsy stance for Bryan to take if indeed he doesn't go but he'll be more or less finished then, in my opinion.

They probably were wary of pushing him too hard because he might unrelaible due to injury but if he refuses to work at a PPV, when he has a title match, then I think he's done in their eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's a ballsy stance for Bryan to take if indeed he doesn't go but he'll be more or less finished then, in my opinion.

They probably were wary of pushing him too hard because he might unrelaible due to injury but if he refuses to work at a PPV, when he has a title match, then I think he's done in their eyes.

I agree. It would be easier for Bryan to just keep his head down and get on with it. He has to realise it's just a job and nobody will think any less of him. I mean, a lot of big companies have dealings with untoward foreign governments.
    The US is involved in an arms deal with the Saudis worth billions (perhaps the biggest reason Trump hasn't come out too strongly against Saudi Arabia). And, as the McMahon family were the biggest financial contributors to the Trump Presidential campaign, will Bryan continue to work for WWE?
    That may seem like a stupid question, but when you take a stand against something you will always be open to cries of hypocrisy, if in a similar situation you do nothing.

This is how Bryan's detractors will think if he does indeed refuse to work Crown Jewel. Just look at almost every celebrity who's come out against something, they are all painted with the hypocrite brush. Leonardo DiCaprio talks and talks about climate change. Good. But then he travels everywhere on a private jet. His heart might be in the right place but you must remain consistent.

Sometimes it's easier to keep your mouth shut.
    Bryan may wish he had.

• Advertisement

John Oliver ripped them one again last night.

I always liked that phrase of Undertaker's.
    And I did not know that about scientology. Where do I sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The very mention of Crown Jewel at the ppv last night received audible boos. Wonder if we'll get some chants on Raw later

Boo the Jewel

Boo the Jewel

Given the current problems in America right now, that's a boo you would want to pronounce very, very carefully.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

TimesArrow wrote: »
    The very mention of Crown Jewel at the ppv last night received audible boos. Wonder if we'll get some chants on Raw later

You sold out chants all night is the way to go

Given the current problems in America right now, that's a boo you would want to pronounce very, very carefully.....

Yeah I was thinking to have it rhyme, it would need to be shortened, but that would make it very wrong. But Boo the Crown doesn't sound right.

But yeah, I think they will just boo all mentions of the show. I mean for this week they promote Crown Jewel, but I would advise at least start promoting the women's matches at Survivor Series and don't just ignore them after last night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they boo Crown Jewel you will prob get the usual from Cole " Looks like we are in bizzaro land here tonight" or " Lots of Woo's here tonight "

• Advertisement

I wonder what anti #’s will be on Twitter to go against the WWE’s propaganda #’s

Advertisement