Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel - 2nd November (as it stands) - Spoilers and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

You just have to laugh otherwise you would cry

Strowman should go back to lifting up trucks and pulling down stages, hes done now.

Vince just wants Brock rocking up in the UFC with his belt, simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Shocking bad ppv ended with four geriatrics stumbling around the ring..HBK is so bad less mobile than Kurt Angle now,he looks like uncle albert from only fools and horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Someone come help pick me up off the floor I'm laughing so hard.
    The worst wrestling show I've ever seen with one of the worst matches in the history of the business.
    God I love this company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lesnar to keep the title until Reigns beats leukaemia, where they coronate him again.

You know I'm right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Surprised they didn't replace Ziggler with Hogan in the World Cup final brother

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Finally, a weapon to surpass Mabel Vs Diesel Gear.

NDWC wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't replace Ziggler with Hogan in the World Cup final brother

Theres only 1 man now who can defeat Lesnar, brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So Trips tore a pec early on in the match there. Explains that crappy whip to the barricade.

I thought Shawn looked pretty good. No problem bumping. That moonsault was insane, landed straight on his forehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I didn't watch the PPV as I wasn't in a position to. Two questions, was Renee young at ringside and two should I bother my hoop watching this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didn't watch the PPV as I wasn't in a position to. Two questions, was Renee young at ringside and two should I bother my hoop watching this ?

yes she was, and no you shouldnt, i havent watched anything in last few months and said id check this out, this was my first experience of renee young and i never want to experience her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yes and No respectively.

Show was trash, it felt like they made the worst possible show they could have. Don't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was Renee wearing the head scarf? (Burka, hijab or niqab, don't know the differences).

There is probably some method to their madness with Brock being champ again.

They know fans are sick of Lesnar and the title not being on Raw and they know fans want to like Strowman so they might reckon they need to stack the odds against Strowman and have the fans really get behind him. Because leukemia is obviously very serious and they have no idea when Roman will be back so they're thinking about making another guy. Whether this is the right way to do it is up for debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Itssoeasy wrote: »

First question - Yes. She had her her arms and neck covered.
    Second question - If you want to watch good wrestling with lots of effort, no. If you enjoy laughing at WWE being horrendously bad, then absolutely yes watch the last three matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ThePott wrote: »
    Just so we're clear on the show so far:

Hulk Hogan returned
    Ziggler and Miz made it to the finals of the Best in the World
    Brock became champ again
    Shane McMahon decided to insert himself in to the final and got crowned the Best in the World

WTF is this

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    they're thinking about making another guy. Whether this is the right way to do it is up for debate.

They've had plenty of chances to make other top guys and they were all cooled to put Roman first, putting the title back on Brock means he'll likely have it for the long haul. Assuming he is aiming to go back to UFC which assuming Cormier wins tomorrow seems very possible Brock probably won't put any siginifcant effort into wrestling especially bumping.

He's gonna have the title till the Rumble at the very least now imo. Title scene on Raw is dead again for a while. Drew and Strowman are probably gonna fight it out for months to determine a contender.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzmiP_KWkw

Miz was 'injured' and Shane put himself in the match to save Smackdown from eating a loss and won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Was never any point watching it. Fully expected braun to win but again we have lesnar on top! Would live to see finn get a run at it, complete underdog storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Was never any point watching it. Fully expected braun to win but again we have lesnar on top! Would live to see finn get a run at it, complete underdog storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they open a show in Saudi Arabia with an American icon? No sign of all those local wrestlers they had last time.

Felt Renee didn't really add much, but I guess it was about image for WWE. Wonder what deal they struck just for that? Gave information about a reporter?

I just went through all matches quickly. I'm curious if we'll find out Shane and Miz conspired after Miz qualified to get a fresh man in the match and being commissioner, he would have the authority. It'll be part of the feud for the 5 on 5 Survivor Series match. Or am I giving them too much credit again?

Was thinking HHH was injured. Obviously Taker wasn't over talking trash to him. Just had to figure out what they were going to do.
    Don't know what it was but it seems bald Shawn looks smaller. And i'm guessing Kane's mask wasn't meant to come off. Good job we're already used to seeing him without it.

As for Brock winning, WTF? Braun kicking out of loads of F5s for nothing. And after Heyman going on about how a champ needs to be there every week. We'll probably see Roman more often.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, that was an aggressively offensive show.

Disgusted Brock is champ again.

And the Shane/Miz dynamic is hilariously awful. That's pure Wrestlecrap fodder there, having Shane win the tournament with only fighting once. Awful, awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Finally, a weapon to surpass Mabel Vs Diesel Gear.

Which was worse: King of The Ring 95, In Your house 4 or ECW December to Dismember? We need a poll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was Renee wearing the head scarf? (Burka, hijab or niqab, don't know the differences).

There is probably some method to their madness with Brock being champ again.

They know fans are sick of Lesnar and the title not being on Raw and they know fans want to like Strowman so they might reckon they need to stack the odds against Strowman and have the fans really get behind him. Because leukemia is obviously very serious and they have no idea when Roman will be back so they're thinking about making another guy. Whether this is the right way to do it is up for debate.

Her entire body and hands were covered in a black garment. Her head wasn't covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lesnar is the perfect champion for WWE now.
    Lacks any real passion, consistently puts in lazy half hearted performances & only really cares about money rather than putting on a good show.
    I'm glad the show sucked for all those involved.
    oneilla wrote: »
    Her entire body and hands were covered in a black garment. Her head wasn't covered.

Equality! Progress!! Evolution!!! Revolution!!!! Philanthropy!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/1058452846624956416

Just to top it all off.

The film is about a very brave journo who is killed while covering the Syrian war and was allegedly targeted by Assad.

Imagine tweeting that right after getting all that blood money and the recent Saudi coverage.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's gas cos in 1999 Shane McMahon refused an award from the Observer for Best Rookie saying "these are for the boys, not me." Fast forward nearly two decades and he's The Best in the World. Majestic!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Tonight is one of those nights that makes me wonder why I still watch this.. Shane pandering to the disinterested Saudis at ringside with that plastic looking cup is amongst the lamest things I’ve seen in wwe (and I’ve been watching since 1989).. pure garbage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There is a shít eating grin if I ever saw one...

ki5yqcr8wyv11.jpg

Guy is jacked though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing hell WTF was that ppv about

Brock champ again ?? What does Braun have to do

Same with Joe, is he ever going too win the title. I do like Styles as champ but be nice too see someone else have the title

Shane McMahon wins the world cup after putting himself in the final after does a horrible injury angle. So with all the talent in the tournament a non wrestler wins it. Is this the start of something. Pointless and a big farce. He's celebrating was pretty heelish and stupid

That main event though. Pure load of bollocks but was one of those it's was so bad it was good and quite entertaining. Triple H seemed to be hurt

Overall an odd event with Hogan doing **** all with himself being the host. The Interviews all seemed a bit cartoonish. A major house show is all it was. This won't go down in the ages anyway and we will get more things like this in the future. Only way is up from here

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing hell WTF was that ppv about

Brock champ again ?? What does Braun have to do

Same with Joe, is he ever going too win the title. I do like Styles as champ but be nice too see someone else have the title

Shane McMahon wins the world cup after putting himself in the final after does a horrible injury angle. So with all the talent in the tournament a non wrestler wins it. Is this the start of something. Pointless and a big farce. He's celebrating was pretty heelish and stupid

That main event though. Pure load of bollocks but was one of those it's was so bad it was good and quite entertaining. Triple H seemed to be hurt

Overall an odd event with Hogan doing **** all with himself being the host. The Interviews all seemed a bit cartoonish. A major house show is all it was. This won't go down in the ages anyway and we will get more things like this in the future. Only way is up from here

Shane’s antics will probably lead to Team Shane/Smackdown v Team Corbin/Raw.. apparently Hunter tore his pec mid match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I don't think any of the four lads in the main event should wrestle again. That match was horrible.

Advertisement