Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2019 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Thanks Gwen and congrats to you too :)

My GP did do a pregnancy test and took bloods which came back fine too.
    I got the letter from the hospital with the date for my scan only about 3 days after visiting my GP. My GP did also tell me about the risks of miscarriage in early pregnancy.

From what I hear a lot of people get some bleeding and everything is totally fine so hopefully all is good with you. An early scan would do no harm anyway and it would put your mind at ease. I feel more relaxed after seeing the baby and the heartbeat yesterday but still looking forward to getting past the 12 week mark.

I am absolutely terrified of miscarriage (and to some extent I actually expect it to happen), so I suppose I'm subconsciously looking for signs that something is wrong.

The cramps are not as bad as they used to be, so I think it was all just about everything getting attached and stretched down there.

I'm so happy to read that you got to hear the heartbeat. It must have been a magical moment. Can't wait to have my scan - hopefully I'll calm down a bit after it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

Ok, I got no bloods done by GP, and no talk of miscarriages really. I had some spotting the weekend I found out but we’ve both put it down to implantation. She just said to go to A&E if anything else happened.

I know they have to be realistic but they don’t need to be freaking people out!

Got my booking appt date and scan date today in the post. The Coombe have defo gotten more efficient 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WaveWatcher

Hi. Another first timer here. Having good and bad days on the symptoms front. Finding it most difficult to keep quiet from work colegues due to the drawer of anti morning sickness supplies. Does anyone else get that feeling walking past their work friend that they already know, even though no one else knows. Feels a bit like a game....can they tell, do they know, was that a knowing look.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bluebell01

Congrats to all the new ladies.

Thought I posted an anon post a few days ago but maybe I didn't click "post". If it hasn't been approved yet I'll just be saying the same things twice, oh well! Decided to make a dummy account anyway.

Went for my GP appointment on Monday last week the 22nd. She took bloods and seemed very concerned as I was so nauseous at 4 weeks. I'm 5 weeks now and getting even more nauseous but not vomiting so hopefully will be fine. She also said that in Cork for the public system they don't send the referral letter until you're 10 weeks. Is this normal? Seems very late to me. Hope my appointment won't be really late. I shall get a private early scan at 8 weeks anyway.

I'm so wrecked at work. Finding it difficult not to fall asleep during meetings.

Also one of the first things she told me was how many pregnancies end up miscarried and how normal it is. Is that normal that they tell you about this right at the beginning? It freaked me out, like she knows something I don't.

Ya my doctor did this too. I'd say some people just don't know that it's common so they want to make women aware of how common it is incase it happens? I don't know. I'm also pretty scared of miscarriage. Had some (TMI!!) brown stringy things in discharge (sorry) over the weekend and was freaking out. It was only a tiny tiny bit but still. It stopped and hasn't happened since so didn't go to the doc or anything. Feeling more nauseous as the days go on so I'm guessing all is still okay.

Did anyone else get bloods back with no immunity to rubella? I've had multiple MMR vaccines so was surprised but apparently not everyone holds on to immunity. Chances of getting rubella in this country are pretty much nil but still a bit scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wideawake1

Hi,

First timer here as well (after 2+ years trying). Was terrified of miscarriage, but apparently once you get a scan and confirm the heart is beating, the risk significantly reduces.

Also, as the weeks go on, the risk should be less and less.

Went for an early scan to put my mind at ease, hearing the heart beat was amazing, and definitely made the whole thing more real for me.

Best of luck to all.

• Advertisement

Any tips out there for the nausea or fatigue?

wideawake1 wrote: »
    Hi,

First timer here as well (after 2+ years trying). Was terrified of miscarriage, but apparently once you get a scan and confirm the heart is beating, the risk significantly reduces.

Also, as the weeks go on, the risk should be less and less.

Went for an early scan to put my mind at ease, hearing the heart beat was amazing, and definitely made the whole thing more real for me.

Best of luck to all.

Congratulations! Delight that the scan went well. Nervous but looking forward to mine in a few weeks.

I've been taking vitamin B6 for nausea as recommended by my doctor. Maybe talk to your doc first though. I find not letting myself get too hungry helps too. Eating little bits every hour. Can't help on the tiredness!

The eating little and often defo helps with the nausea but I find it still sneaks up on me at times. As for the fatigue, try to sleep as much as you can. I’ve been have plenty of early nights this week :)

We’re going to get an early scan around the 8/9 wk mark and I cannot wait. Seeing your baby for the first time is one of the best feelings ever imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Is anyone else not really having any symptoms? I have very slightly tender boobs but that’s it. The tiredness has gone, my boobs were quite sore for a couple weeks but that’s passed too. It’s making me a bit nervous that I don’t really feel anything. I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow and counting down the days til my first scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

PennyWren wrote: »
    Is anyone else not really having any symptoms? I have very slightly tender boobs but that’s it. The tiredness has gone, my boobs were quite sore for a couple weeks but that’s passed too. It’s making me a bit nervous that I don’t really feel anything. I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow and counting down the days til my first scan.

Yep, me! I am still tired but I'm not doing myself any favours cos I am staying up too late but I still do end up waking up in the middle of the night, so annoying!
    I am exhausted today!
    My boobs are only a small bit tender at times, they were never that sore.
    I'm not sick or nauseous.
    I was feeling very nervous too as I just don't feel pregnant but I had my dating scan on Tuesday and it's all good, baby was wriggling away and has a fine, strong heartbeat she said. I am 9+4 now. My dating scan was early because we weren't sure how far gone I was as I got pregnant straight after coming off the pill and hadn't even got my period back.

• Advertisement

I can't say I'm not having any symptoms, but I definitely have very little.

Sleeping wise, I get tired very easily, but it's not as bad as it was last Monday. I have a problem with falling asleep if I wake up though. If something wakes me up at night, I can't go back to sleep. Never had that problem before. My housemate was a little bit noisy coming back home at 2:30 am last night and I spent the night wide awake. Falling asleep in the office today! :rolleyes:

I also get cramps, but again, they're not as severe as they were last weekend. I actually noticed a pattern there, I always start farting like mad (TMI, sorry!) around the time the cramping starts, so I believe it's just gas.

Oh and I'm pooping a lot, but I'll take that over pregnancy constipation any day! :D

On Wednesday evening I started feeling nauseous and that stayed with me throughout the day yesterday, then in the evening it got much worse once I got on the bus home. My stomach still feels funny but it's not something that would be limiting me from doing anything.

So yeah, when I write it all down like this, it looks like I have symptoms despite thinking that I don't.

But don't worry - just because you're not having symptoms it doesn't mean that something is wrong. Some women just get lucky and have a very peaceful pregnancy - let's hope you're one of them! ;)

bluebell01 wrote: »
    Congrats to all the new ladies.

Thought I posted an anon post a few days ago but maybe I didn't click "post". If it hasn't been approved yet I'll just be saying the same things twice, oh well! Decided to make a dummy account anyway.

Went for my GP appointment on Monday last week the 22nd. She took bloods and seemed very concerned as I was so nauseous at 4 weeks. I'm 5 weeks now and getting even more nauseous but not vomiting so hopefully will be fine. She also said that in Cork for the public system they don't send the referral letter until you're 10 weeks. Is this normal? Seems very late to me. Hope my appointment won't be really late. I shall get a private early scan at 8 weeks anyway.

I'm so wrecked at work. Finding it difficult not to fall asleep during meetings.

Ya my doctor did this too. I'd say some people just don't know that it's common so they want to make women aware of how common it is incase it happens? I don't know. I'm also pretty scared of miscarriage. Had some (TMI!!) brown stringy things in discharge (sorry) over the weekend and was freaking out. It was only a tiny tiny bit but still. It stopped and hasn't happened since so didn't go to the doc or anything. Feeling more nauseous as the days go on so I'm guessing all is still okay.

Did anyone else get bloods back with no immunity to rubella? I've had multiple MMR vaccines so was surprised but apparently not everyone holds on to immunity. Chances of getting rubella in this country are pretty much nil but still a bit scared.

Hi, I'm also in Cork, we can be baby buddies! :D

I went to see my GP on Wednesday to let her know that I had a positive test. She had me to sign some papers to sign up for the public system, if that's what you mean by referral letter?

It wouldn't make much sense really because according to the appointment schedule she gave me you have one GP appointment before 10 weeks and then you go straight to the hospital for the scan.

I would think that your GP should send it on the day, to make sure that you get your appointment date in advance to be able to arrange time off work (I have to give at least 2 weeks notice where I work to be able to get the time off). 10 weeks seems to be very late.

Regarding rubella, my baby was planned and I went to the GP when we decided to start trying, so she tested my blood there. I wasn't immune either and had to have a booster shot, then I wasn't allowed to get pregnant for a month and right after the month was up, it happened! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I went to see my GP on Wednesday to let her know that I had a positive test. She had me to sign some papers to sign up for the public system, if that's what you mean by referral letter?

It wouldn't make much sense really because according to the appointment schedule she gave me you have one GP appointment before 10 weeks and then you go straight to the hospital for the scan.

I would think that your GP should send it on the day, to make sure that you get your appointment date in advance to be able to arrange time off work (I have to give at least 2 weeks notice where I work to be able to get the time off). 10 weeks seems to be very late.

Regarding rubella, my baby was planned and I went to the GP when we decided to start trying, so she tested my blood there. I wasn't immune either and had to have a booster shot, then I wasn't allowed to get pregnant for a month and right after the month was up, it happened! :)

I'm Cork too :)
    I had my dating scan on Tuesday but only because we didn't know how far gone I was because I got pregnant straight after coming off the pill. My GP sent my referral letter straight away.
    I was 9+1 so will be back for another scan at around 12 weeks.
    I was immune to rubella when my bloods came back so can't advise on that one.

I'm Cork too :)

That's three of us now!

I sense a coffee morning coming on! :D

Yep, me! I am still tired but I'm not doing myself any favours cos I am staying up too late but I still do end up waking up in the middle of the night, so annoying!
    I am exhausted today!
    My boobs are only a small bit tender at times, they were never that sore.
    I'm not sick or nauseous.
    I was feeling very nervous too as I just don't feel pregnant but I had my dating scan on Tuesday and it's all good, baby was wriggling away and has a fine, strong heartbeat she said. I am 9+4 now. My dating scan was early because we weren't sure how far gone I was as I got pregnant straight after coming off the pill and hadn't even got my period back.

Thank you so much. That’s so very reassuring. Congratulations!

I can't say I'm not having any symptoms, but I definitely have very little.

Sleeping wise, I get tired very easily, but it's not as bad as it was last Monday. I have a problem with falling asleep if I wake up though. If something wakes me up at night, I can't go back to sleep. Never had that problem before. My housemate was a little bit noisy coming back home at 2:30 am last night and I spent the night wide awake. Falling asleep in the office today! :rolleyes:

I also get cramps, but again, they're not as severe as they were last weekend. I actually noticed a pattern there, I always start farting like mad (TMI, sorry!) around the time the cramping starts, so I believe it's just gas.

Oh and I'm pooping a lot, but I'll take that over pregnancy constipation any day! :D

On Wednesday evening I started feeling nauseous and that stayed with me throughout the day yesterday, then in the evening it got much worse once I got on the bus home. My stomach still feels funny but it's not something that would be limiting me from doing anything.

So yeah, when I write it all down like this, it looks like I have symptoms despite thinking that I don't.

But don't worry - just because you're not having symptoms it doesn't mean that something is wrong. Some women just get lucky and have a very peaceful pregnancy - let's hope you're one of them! ;)

Thanks a million. I forgot about the constipation, I definitely have that unfortunately! Congrats and I hope your sleeping improves so, there’s nothing worse that having to go to work exhausted

That's three of us now!

I sense a coffee morning coming on! :D

I'm Cork as well. Yey... 4 of us!
    This is my first, first in my family, and I haven't told anyone outside my husband yet, so it's great to see the discussion board going and having somewhere to ask questions and read what others are going through. :)

Thanks a million. I forgot about the constipation, I definitely have that unfortunately! Congrats and I hope your sleeping improves so, there’s nothing worse that having to go to work exhausted

Omg... constipation has been terrible! All bran in the morning has kicked things off for my again.

I find the sleeping weird as well. Im wrecked, lights out when my head hits the pillow at night,
    but i wake up early! And I keep waking up to go to the bathroom. I have never been a morning person, and it looks like now I am! So strange!

Yeah she made me sign things alright but said something about not actually sending them until 10 weeks. I don't know, maybe I picked her up wrong. I've an appointment with her next week anyway as she wanted to keep an eye on my nausea and give me the flu vaccine so will see her then.

The annoying thing about the Rubella is I went to my GP (a different one to this current one, she's moved now) about a year ago saying I was planning to start TTC in a year and she said nothing about Rubella, just to make sure I'm taking folic acid beforehand! Oh well sure.
    I'm Cork as well. Yey... 4 of us!
    This is my first, first in my family, and I haven't told anyone outside my husband yet, so it's great to see the discussion board going and having somewhere to ask questions and read what others are going through. :)
    Wow there's a lot of us in Cork! We haven't told anyone either. So nice to have this alright. Think we will tell our parents after the scan at 8 weeks all going well.

I find the sleeping weird as well. Im wrecked, lights out when my head hits the pillow at night,
    but i wake up early!

Exact same thing is happening to me. Weird! I would love to be able to sleep-in while I can but nope. Maybe it's just our bodies preparing us for the early mornings haha.

I got appointment letters from CUMH yesterday. First scan on the 23rd this month, that’s the early one. Then I have the dating scan on the 17th of December.

I’m then flying to my home country on the 21st, so it’s a perfect timing. If everything goes well, I want to frame a picture from the scan and put it under the Christmas tree for my parents.

Still anxiously checking the toilet paper for any traces of blood every time I go to the toilet.

Hopefully we’ll get heartbeat at the end of the month and I’ll stop worrying then. :)

• Advertisement

Have had spotting on and off since yesterday so keepinnthe fingers crossed now that it’s nothing. It’s not heavy enough to warrant a trip to A&E so taking that as a positive. I’d forgotten how nervy the first trimester is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Have had spotting on and off since yesterday so keepinnthe fingers crossed now that it’s nothing. It’s not heavy enough to warrant a trip to A&E so taking that as a positive. I’d forgotten how nervy the first trimester is :(

Fingers crossed for you Minnie. I had a small bit last Monday and nothing since. So terrified every time I wipe though. Such a nervy time x

Hope all will be okay. Many women have spotting in early pregnancy that turns out to be okay. So hard not to worry though.

Sorry to hear that, I’m sure all will be fine but I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that it passes soon xx

Thanks bluebell & penny, taking the positives where I can. It’s not getting heavier or more regular anyways.

Thanks bluebell & penny, taking the positives where I can. It’s not getting heavier or more regular anyways.

Minnie I hope all will be ok with you and your baby.

The spotting is most likely not a bad sign, however I would check with your doctor, even if you just call them and ask.

I was told to go straight in if I have even the lightest spotting, although in my case it’s because I keep getting the cramps and it could mean a ruptured ectopic pregnancy.

I think it’s better to be safe than sorry, but maybe I’m making a huge deal out of nothing, it’s my first pregnancy and I’m worried about every little thing.

Best of luck, fingers crossed! <3

So rang the hospital and it was worth it just for the peace of mind. She said it’s all good. And to come in if I’m soaking a pad every half hour.

The relief as it was worrying me today. Had none of this last time round

So rang the hospital and it was worth it just for the peace of mind. She said it’s all good. And to come in if I’m soaking a pad every half hour.

The relief as it was worrying me today. Had none of this last time round

Great news, I'm happy for you. I was thinking of you today wondering if you're ok. Delighted! :)

Great news, I'm happy for you. I was thinking of you today wondering if you're ok. Delighted! :)

Thanks, it was worrying me more today as it got slightly heavier so said I’d ask. It’s reassured me anyways

• Advertisement

Just heard back from my GP - my bloods came back.

Apparently my HCG level was only at 150 last Wednesday, that seems awfully low for 5+3. I'm really worried about this and googling obsessively.

Most of the internet says that it's not something to worry about and I should wait for a scan. Even my doctor told me that it's nothing concerning at the moment but that with my cramps it could be all a bad sign.

So I have 3 weeks of being sick with worry until I can have the scan on the 23rd.

Sigh.

Advertisement