Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2019 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

bluebell01 wrote: »
    Hope you are all well and happy new year.

I'm 15 weeks and the nausea is back with a bang. Felt fine there for a while but since going to back to work after Christmas I've been very nauseous. Think I'm not sleeping enough. Is anyone showing yet? My stomach looks flatter than is usually is for some reason. Can't wait to get a bump!!

I'm 18+1 now and still don't have a proper bump! It's my first though, is it your first too?
    I can't wait for a bump too, I want to actually look pregnant!

wideawake1 wrote: »
    I'm 16 weeks, bump definitely more pronounced this week. Officially in maternity pants, just more comfortable.

Still nauseous, vomiting most mornings, can't even put down a glass of water in the morning without it coming back up.

Not as tired as I was, but still hard to concentrate in work when your tired and feel ill all the time. On the good side, mood is great and very level, and I'm not missing pms at all.

I think, because I've only started telling people, and with those conversations and the emerging bump, even though I'm 16 weeks, it is really just sinking in that we're having a baby in June!!

**In other news, Aldi have stuff in next week for babies, starting on the 10th, if anyone is thinking of buying a few early low priced bits...**

Is it too early to buy stuff though?

I think it's a bit early to be buying the big things but I think I will pick up a few bits in Aldi next week alright. What do you think?
    Can anyone remember how often they have these events? Like will there be another one before June??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Hi! I’m 18 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty good. Starting to get a small bump, I’m delighted, I haven’t liked the inbetween bit where I just looked like I’m gaining weight. People that I see regularly are noticing my bump now. I had a scan this morning and it was fab, little one was waving at us.
    Are many of you feeling movement yet? This is my first and I haven’t felt anything yet and I’m so excited to feel it. :):)

PennyWren wrote: »
    Hi! I’m 18 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty good. Starting to get a small bump, I’m delighted, I haven’t liked the inbetween bit where I just looked like I’m gaining weight. People that I see regularly are noticing my bump now. I had a scan this morning and it was fab, little one was waving at us.
    Are many of you feeling movement yet? This is my first and I haven’t felt anything yet and I’m so excited to feel it. :):)

I've been very lucky (touch wood!), I haven't had any sickness at all. I've been tired but that's improving. I'm still at that stage where I look like I just ate too much over Christmas (which I did!) But I just can't wait to have an actual baby bump and for people to see that I am pregnant!

Aw lovely! I don't have a scan for another 3 weeks.
    Did you find out what you're having?
    I don't think I've felt any movement yet, nothing that I've been able to say that was definitely the baby yet anyway! I can't wait for that stage too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

I’m 15 weeks now and have a noticeable bump already. It was the same on my little man too. As someone said to me the other day - there’s no mistaking that for Christmas flab.

With regards to the Lidl/Aldi baby event, they usually have them at the beginning of summer too. I probably won’t start picking up bits till Late spring. Need to find out the gender and find out if we can reuse our other bits

• Advertisement

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    I've been very lucky (touch wood!), I haven't had any sickness at all. I've been tired but that's improving. I'm still at that stage where I look like I just ate too much over Christmas (which I did!) But I just can't wait to have an actual baby bump and for people to see that I am pregnant!

Aw lovely! I don't have a scan for another 3 weeks.
    Did you find out what you're having?
    I don't think I've felt any movement yet, nothing that I've been able to say that was definitely the baby yet anyway! I can't wait for that stage too!!

I haven’t been sick at all either, very very lucky! We’re not going to find out what we’re having, Very tempted but decided to wait and be surprised. Have you bought anything yet?

PennyWren wrote: »
    I haven’t been sick at all either, very very lucky! We’re not going to find out what we’re having, Very tempted but decided to wait and be surprised. Have you bought anything yet?

Yep, I'm counting myself very lucky too :)
    Nope, I didn't buy anything at all yet...did you?
    I have looked online alright but I haven't even picked anything. There is so much stuff to choose from!!

Yep, I'm counting myself very lucky too :)
    Nope, I didn't buy anything at all yet...did you?
    I have looked online alright but I haven't even picked anything. There is so much stuff to choose from!!

We bought a starter set of bottles on Friday but mainly because they were such good value, I hadn’t researched them at all which isn’t like me. I’m hoping to breastfeed but express too so OH can give bottles too so hopefully they’ll work out. I’m going to wait until after the 20week scan to buy any big stuff but I have a good bit picked already. I feel like ALL I do is google baby things :)

We have a lot of stuff already so my time has been spent researching double buggies. And I’m still lost as to what I want so if anyone has any recommendations that would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wideawake1

I got the bottle set in Mothercare as well in the sale, it's all I've bought so far. Might puck a few small things up in aldi on Thursday and wait a few weeks to buy anything significant.

I'm not an expert on the buggies (or anything related to babies tbh), but I have had a look on done deal, and there were quite a few nearly new, good quality, double travel systems. It's worth having a look before least before you invest.

• Advertisement

At 17 wks now, I'm just turned 36, first in the family to have a baby, and it dawned on me yesterday... I don't even know how to change a nappy!!

YouTube tutorials will be my friend...

I know it's too early still but have any of you started thinking about travel systems?
    I'm thinking maybe the Ultimo travel system from Infababy, any of you have experience with this?
    I seriously can't stop googling baby stuff!!!

I know it's too early still but have any of you started thinking about travel systems?
    I'm thinking maybe the Ultimo travel system from Infababy, any of you have experience with this?

Was looking at the uppababy vista system. Looked lightweight with a lot of flexibility... takes pram and/or buggy and/or car seat, can extend to hold pram and buggy if you have another, good sized basket, easy to unclip the seats. Can't recommend if it's any good though, because I don't really have a clue. Will check out your one as well. May buy second hand, there seems to be some good deals on done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bluebell01

I'm now 16 weeks. Still no bump but very bloated and have awful heartburn/indigestion. The joys!! Is anyone feeling movement yet? The last few days I've been feeling flutters but I'd say it's too early and I haven't a clue what it should feel like as it's my first. Probably just gas tbh as I'm so bloated :o

**In other news, Aldi have stuff in next week for babies, starting on the 10th, if anyone is thinking of buying a few early low priced bits...**

Is it too early to buy stuff though?

Was going to go after work tomorrow but my Mother just phoned there saying she's doing her shop there anyway before she goes to work tomorrow morning so will pick me up some stuff. Just asked her to get some cellular blankets, muslins and a changing mat.
    Was looking at the uppababy vista system. Looked lightweight with a lot of flexibility... takes pram and/or buggy and/or car seat, can extend to hold pram and buggy if you have another, good sized basket, easy to unclip the seats. Can't recommend if it's any good though, because I don't really have a clue. Will check out your one as well. May buy second hand, there seems to be some good deals on done deal.

I'm thinking of getting the Bugaboo Bee. I have a Fiesta with a small boot and live in the city so think it would be a good option. Seems to have good reviews especially from those that live in small spaces in cities.

A friend of the family was selling her Uppababy Vista and we had a look at it but was way too big for us. Wouldn't fit in the boot of the car. But she absolutely loved it and also used it as a double. They are very popular and I would have taken it if we had the space.

Hi ladies,

Had my first movements this week - well what felt like movements. So hard to tell at this stage but mentioned it to consultant and she said it probably was as you feel them earlier on the second baby.

Had such a good appointment and feel a lot more reassured about labour and delivery now too. It’s taken a load of my mind to be honest

Went to a prenatal yoga class this week. Hadn't attended yoga before, but the prenatal yoga was very relaxing. Slept really well after it and signed up for the course.

Picked up a few bits in aldi. Small amount of stuff coming into lidl next week as well.

Went to a prenatal yoga class this week. Hadn't attended yoga before, but the prenatal yoga was very relaxing. Slept really well after it and signed up for the course.

Picked up a few bits in aldi. Small amount of stuff coming into lidl next week as well.

I was thinking of starting that next week.

I got a few bits in Aldi too, it felt weird buying baby stuff but it was lovely to finally have the first few bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heldog

Exciting Sparkles! It's lovely to have the first few bits. I started prenatal yoga last week. I did it all the way through on my first and I think I love it even more this time as it's lovely to take an hour out for myself and the new baby.

Minnie we are due around the same time and i have felt a few flutters the last few days too. Have a hosp appointment and scan tomorrow so looking forward to that :) That's great you feel more reassured about labour and delivery already, I might try to talk to my consultant about that tomorrow too. Not sure what to say... I suffer from bladder weakness after my last delivery so hoping not to make that worse. Obviously!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Looking for lunchtime prenatal yoga classes in city centre if anyone knows of any?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

If you an Uppababy, check it on your car boot and your house doors.
    We have a 2014 Vista buggy & a 2015 one (long story), still going strong on baby no.3.I love it,it's a super buggy, but it is wide, particularly the 2015 version, which is the widest of all their models, I think.A 2015 model fits in a VW golf boot with one wheel off, if that gives an indication to you.Also if you are having multiples make sure you get all relevant adaptors for each seating option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    We have a lot of stuff already so my time has been spent researching double buggies. And I’m still lost as to what I want so if anyone has any recommendations that would be great :)

I’m dipping in from the July thread, I have an out n about nipper double. It was a great buy, especially if you do a lot of walking. It’s really light to push (I currently have a three year old and a 1.5 yr old). It fits through a standard door. It’s a bit bulky if you were going in somewhere for lunch for example, but otherwise I couldn’t fault it. I have friends who have double buggies where one baby is over the other (like the uppababy), and they say they’re hard to push

Thanks for the jlm, I’m currently swaying between side by side and up and down. The more feedback I can get the better :)

I was against side by side initially but it’s looking like people find it the easiest even with the width

Thanks for the jlm, I’m currently swaying between side by side and up and down. The more feedback I can get the better :)

I was against side by side initially but it’s looking like people find it the easiest even with the width

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Minnie2017 wrote: »

I suppose it depends mostly on your needs! And also, how long you’ll be using it for. My older guy is three and a bit, and I know in some of the up and down buggy’s, the heavier child is on the bottom. There’s NO WAY my threenager would ever sit looking up at the end of another buggy seat! It’s hard enough to wrestle him into the side by side!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bluebell01

How's everyone doing? I'm 19 weeks this week, can't believe it! The heartburn is horrendous :(

bluebell01 wrote: »
    How's everyone doing? I'm 19 weeks this week, can't believe it! The heartburn is horrendous :(

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and still feeling good, just tired! I don't think I got the second trimester boost of energy that i've heard people talk about :rolleyes:
    I had my anatomy scan last week and all is looking good but I have to go for a 2nd one next week as she couldn't get all the measurements she needed due to the way baby was positioned! It's a girl :)

I'm 20 weeks as well, had the anatomy scan during the week, everything looking good.
    I've come to the conclusion that the energy boost in the second trimester is relevant to the first trimester, bit more than what I had, but not that much more!
    Still nauseous and vomiting in the morning :( and a couple of nose bleeds, but generally in good form. Have developed a proper pregnant belly now as well. :)

19 weeks now, and have anomaly scan next week. Have been dosed for the last 2 weeks on top of the pregnancy tiredness so I’ve been a bundle of laughs. Can not believe how quick time is going compared to last time

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heldog

19 weeks too but anomaly scan is in 3 weeks! Haven't decided if we want to find out gender so will give us more time to decide. In other news I think I have developed piles... extremely painful. Abroad with work so hopefully I survive til I get home before I have to treat it. Anyone else, and how did you treat it if you've had them?

• Advertisement

How are we all doing now?

I am 25 weeks today and the weeks are absolutely flying!!

Advertisement