Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2019 Babies Club

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Nearly 25 weeks and the time is definitely flying by! I can’t believe how quickly it’s going. Sleep is still fairly elusive and I’m starting to get a lot of lower back pain but overall can’t complain. Lots of movement from little one which is amazing. OH has felt a few really good kicks this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

PennyWren wrote: »
    Nearly 25 weeks and the time is definitely flying by! I can’t believe how quickly it’s going. Sleep is still fairly elusive and I’m starting to get a lot of lower back pain but overall can’t complain. Lots of movement from little one which is amazing. OH has felt a few really good kicks this week!

Bluebell01 here. Might as well post with my real account as I'm almost 24 weeks and logging in and out is annoying.

I've been feeling proper movement for the past couple of weeks now and himself felt something for the first time yesterday. We are having a girl! All good with the anomaly scans. Needed two due to the position of the baby. Sonographer reckons the baby will be around 7 pounds at the most but sure how do they know at this stage.

Still have a very small bump that looks like I've just eaten a big dinner but I'm tall and the midwife said it's normal with tall people. Although it's a lot bigger in the evenings.

Got Omeprazole for heartburn but only take it every 3-4 days. Also have SPD and getting physio every 2 weeks to realign my pelvis. Also have a lovely belt to wear. Some days it's so bad I can barely walk/can't get out of bed and some days it's barely noticeable. Pain is in my lower back. The joys! No chance of an easy pregnancy. At least I don't have hyperemesis gravidarum like my Mother had with us, which she reminds me of everyday! :rolleyes:

Hope the rest of ye are all doing well. I think the time has flown but will probably drag a bit from now on.

How is everything doing? This thread is very quiet :)

Lia_lia wrote: »

Hi Lia, it is very quiet in here! I’m great, 32 weeks today, can’t belive the countdown is in single digits now. Starting to get ready for babe to arrive, assembling the changing table and hoping to wash some tiny clothes this weekend :) feeling good overall other normal pregnancy things, not sleeping great and so tired during the day. I’ve been tempted to put my head down on my desk at work and take a nap more than once! I’m walking slower and gettting out of breath so easily but no complaints. How are you??

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

Lia_lia wrote: »

It sure is :( I’m going good, 29 wks now and this pregnancy has flown by. How about you?

• Advertisement

Hi Lia, it is very quiet in here! I’m great, 32 weeks today, can’t belive the countdown is in single digits now. Starting to get ready for babe to arrive, assembling the changing table and hoping to wash some tiny clothes this weekend :) feeling good overall other normal pregnancy things, not sleeping great and so tired during the day. I’ve been tempted to put my head down on my desk at work and take a nap more than once! I’m walking slower and gettting out of breath so easily but no complaints. How are you??

Aw lovely. I'm 30 weeks now. Still have so much to do! I can't believe how fast it's gone. I'm doing good but have gestational diabetes which is a bit annoying. Was a complete shock diagnoses as I'd no risk factors or anything. But it's grand. Just on diet and tablets for now. Hopefully won't need to go on insulin. Also getting wrecked at work! How long do you intend to stay at work for?
    Minnie2017 wrote: »
    It sure is :( I’m going good, 29 wks now and this pregnancy has flown by. How about you?
    It has FLOWN! All good. Getting tired again and as mentioned above have GD but not long left now :)

Sorry about the GD, i can’t say I know very much about it but it must be a real pain to have to deal with that. I’m wrecked at work too, sleep has been pretty much non existent this weekend. I’m working up until late May, I’m lucky I have a desk job so I’m not on my feet all day. What about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

Just came in here to see how you were all doing! Had my baby in June 2018. Tis fairly quiet in here though. Funnily the June 2018 thread was pretty quiet too. Anyway good luck everyone and you will have your babies soon, if not already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I was in this thread at the start

My little girl came at the start of April . Due date is next week.

Home and all now never been as happy. Enjoy every moment when they arrive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

It's insane to think that I would have my baby in less than 3 weeks. It's been constantly on my mind these last few days.

Thinking about you all <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 wideawake1

My little one came 3 wks early... we had premature rupture of membranes and went into spontaneous labour shortly afterwards.... looks like I should have joined the May group instead of June!! :)

Best of luck to all of you.

It's insane to think that I would have my baby in less than 3 weeks. It's been constantly on my mind these last few days.

Thinking about you all <3

Aw Gwen hope you’re okay must be very heard for you. x

I’m 39+1 today. Had a sweep yesterday but nothing seems to be happening! Getting induced on Sunday if nothing happens before then. Congrats to those of you that have had your babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I had my baby in May too at 36+2 by emergency section. I had complete placenta previa and was in hospital for a month. She's 6 weeks old now and absolutely flying it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Five years ago tonight I had my first.It's so very special.Enjoy it all :-)

How are all the babas?? Not sure anyone uses this thread anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Not a new mum myself, but I had been reading this and the July thread as my first grandchild was due early July 2019 but in the end was an emergency c section like yourself Sparkles, (for gestational diabetes and a refusal to cooperate with attempts at induction!)

Anyway all went well in the end, and he's just started stomach-crawling, like soldiers on manoeuvres. Not quite flying across the room yet, but definitely going where he wants to pick up his toys. He's terrific. :)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

I ended up having an emergency section too, my little one is 6 months and trying very hard to crawl. She’s up on all fours every chance she gets and any day now I reckon she’ll take off! We hard a hard start, she was extremely colicky until about 4 months and rarely slept more than 2hours at a time but in last couple of weeks she’s really settled down. Looking forward to her first Christmas now!

I ended up having an emergency section too, my little one is 6 months and trying very hard to crawl. She’s up on all fours every chance she gets and any day now I reckon she’ll take off! We hard a hard start, she was extremely colicky until about 4 months and rarely slept more than 2hours at a time but in last couple of weeks she’s really settled down. Looking forward to her first Christmas now!

That's the thing with the belly crawling, just one of mine did it, and he barely crawled properly at all, went nearly straight from that to walking. It's meant to be better for their coordination to learn to crawl properly I think (though actually he's pretty handy the son that did that, more than his brother, so it's probably nonsense)

Anyway enjoy your first Christmas. Never mind the toys BTW, what you really want to give her are lots of empty boxes and paper wrapping - that's what they usually enjoy playing with most that first Christmas!

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Congrats on your first grandchild volchitsa :)

Pennywren that's great news that things have settled down in the last few weeks!

I'm back at work the last 2 weeks, it was so hard leaving her with the childminder but she's happy out there which makes it so much easier. The build up to coming back was far worse than actually being back though!

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Congrats on your first grandchild volchitsa :)
    It's great - all the good bits, and very few of the bad bits!! Or at least you get to pick when you want to handle the difficult bits!

Going back to work is tough, but it's generally worth it in the longer run I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement