Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend road tyres with tan wall that are 23mm

Options
  • 12-10-2018 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend tan wall tyres that come in 23mm? I currently use Vittoria Corsa but they keep puncturing. It's for a summer bike thats a few years old now and unfortunately can't fit 25mm on the back.

I've been looking at Tufo tyres but they don't do 23 and the same with Continental GP Classics. Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

Was gonna say Corsa Control but I see they only come in 25c.

Veloflex Masters are a lovely ride but unlikely to be any less puncture prone than Corsas

Challenge criterium maybe?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/challenge-criterium-open-road-tyre/rp-prod136679

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Thanks for that, hopefully they are good for puncture resistance. Although looking at the reviews they seem to puncture easily too

I was just looking at Veloflex Master's I've never heard of them, I think you've answered my question on them though, they might be the same puncture resistance as the Corsa's? There a beautiful looking tyre but not much use on Irish roads unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I have found Masters more puncture resistant than Corsas, but that may just be coincidence. If puncture protection is your thing don't by Masters, they're paper thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

I've punctured the Corsa controls three times in the last fortnight... possibly hard to blame them for the metal staple and the inch long thorn though maybe a harder tyre would have survived the glass.

Just bought tubeless and sealant so will see how that goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

smcclaw wrote: »
    I've punctured the Corsa controls three times in the last fortnight... possibly hard to blame them for the metal staple and the inch long thorn though maybe a harder tyre would have survived the glass.

Just bought tubeless and sealant so will see how that goes...

I hoe you have better luck with the tubeless than i did :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

I’ve found Panaracer Pasela PT to be quite good. Have ridden them for last two summers with no punctures.

Also have Panaracer TG City but have not ridden them as much

Neither are that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

Think specialized turbo cottons come in 23 but I'm told they puncture quite easy. I've 26s and no probs yet but barely done 100k on them

I think if you're looking for sexy tires they're probably going to puncture easy. The chunky puncture resistant ones don't tend to look good, but neither does squatting beside side of road.

Broadly analogous to condoms really. No condom - look and feel better, life puncture 9 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Conti Grand Prix Classics. Not tan sidewall, more of a dark golden brown.

Advertisement