Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying lessons Cork AFTA

Options
  • 12-10-2018 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

I want to get someone a voucher for light aircraft flight over Cork. They all seem to be sold as flying lessons which is fine as I'm sure it's 2 secs on the controls and the rest looking around!!

I have one query re AFTA vouchers. They have a 30 minute "Airplane Flying Lesson" with 2 options:
    • Training flight €99 ("For individuals who wish to use the flying lesson to see if a career as a commercial pilot is of interest.")
    • Recreational €110 ("For recreational purposes only")
    At the end of the page it then says "Please note that lesson content of “training” and “recreational” lessons is identical but we are obliged to charge VAT if the flight is not for commercial training purposes"

Is the last line basically telling you to pick the €99 voucher? i.e. they have to charge VAT for tax purposes for one of the options but whichever one you choose, the experience will be the same.

Thanks

Advertisement