Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning regarding a Blue Varadero 1000 on Donedeal

Options
  • 12-10-2018 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

There is an advert on donedeal for a blue Varadero 1000 with about 34000 on the clock.

I purchased this originally on northern Ireland with 47000,, rode it to Mongolia and back and when it was sold there was over 90000 on the clock.

Photos of the motorcycle with reg plate showing in Russia, Mongolia and Georgia along with most of Europe are on Facebook and twitter

I can prove the mileage as i am anal about keeping fueling records

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Be grand, tis only run-in :)

T0hodiP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Run in backwards lol

Spoke to the seller. Shocked to hear this. I was able to give enough information to him so he knows i know the bike.

He is going to alter the advert. The lad that i believe altered the clock was in clare.

The bike was totally rebuilt after the trip by a friend who sold it on. And is possibly in better condition than most bikes of the mileage on the clock.

TBH would buy her back and retire her to a shed if i had the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

For sale in a dealers?

blade1 wrote: »
    For sale in a dealers?

Yeah. I spoke to him, explained how I know the bike and the last mileage I recalled. He was shocked and was changing the advert.

I reported it before when the lad who changed the mileage had it for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Just seen the advert, what would it sell at if the mileage was correct? I’m assuming if the dealer corrects the error his profit margin is out the window. Any idea did he buy it elsewhere or did someone trade it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

he was that shocked he forgot to alter the mileage on the add!

He traded it in against a Harley. And was sold and traded in again to him. It is possible that there are new clocks on the bike, but that was done to alter the milage as the original clocks were fine.

It was up for sale, I think last year, on both DD and Adverts by a private seller. I contacted both, explained I knew the bike and the mileage was wrong. Adverts were pulled. Nearly sure that at the time it has just over 40,000 on the adverts, so the mileage has been changed again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Just looked at the ad again, a G reg with Corcaigh over it :rolleyes:

Advertisement