Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a 40k loan

• 13-10-2018 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Me and my Fiancee are looking to buy our first home. She works fulltime and has secured a loan of 120,000 on her own. I am currently a fulltime student in receipt of a education scheme payment, my income isnt great but combined our monthly income is around 2500 (1600-900).

Including our savings we have around 160-170k and in order to purchase the house we are looking at we would need 195k. I have a plot of land valued at around 80k in my own name.

My question is would having assets to set as collateral against a 40k loan improve my chances ( i know my income is too low for that alone to be taken into account by myself even though i would manage the repayments with my fiancee).
    Would having a Guarantor, either my father who owns a 60 acre farm that will be signed to me within the next 5 years or my fiancee do anything?

We really like this house and im trying to figure out how if at all i can get a 40k loan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,282 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Too many variables for a useful answer here.

Ask around for a respected local broker and go see him, work through it together, he'll test the market for you. Anyone giving you an answer here would be pure speculation.

Good luck.

Advertisement