Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Ireland appreciate U2?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

I work for a global multi national, and of the work I do for the company, €0 is earned in Ireland, so by your logic, I shouldn’t pay any tax in Ireland?

What jobs have they created in Ireland?

What are you on about...
    Are you the large multinational??...no...so that ends your argument straight away with

Google u2 and distillery...I'm on hols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You don't understand how this tax dodging operates, do you? In tax terms Paul Hewson is a mere employee of his company who is paid a very modest salary out of which he pays income tax to the Irish state. The cars, houses and lifestyle expenses that he benefits from are, in tax terms, company expenses. So, yeah, ironically for your ignorance I probably do pay more income tax in absolute terms to the Irish state than Paul Hewson pays

That’s really not the ͏w͏a͏y company law works.
    There may be other ways (domicile) that might be used by bono (or not) but that’s bollocks.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Anyone who plays the tax card is a begrudger.

I’d bet both my bollocks that if anyone whinging about rich people finding ways to not pay tax came into money, they’d do the exact same.

You don’t have to like it but using it as a stick to beat them with is a bit hypocritical, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Google u2 and distillery...I'm on hols

And what jobs have they created?

A plan to invest in and restore an old distillery is not actual jobs, where people work and pay tax.
    maybe in the future it will be, but in the present, it's nothing more than a planning application.
    they create jobs in the country already

So what jobs have they created in the country already?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I would like to shove the other three up Bono’s Ar$e and the beat Bono to death with a Joshua Tree .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm certainly not from a time where I should naturally appreciate their music. The only song I remember in the charts growing up is the it's a beautiful day song..can't even be sure if that's U2.

But I've grown up in a country where it seems popular and cool to hate bono. I've no idea why but propel my she hate him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I appreciate Echo and the Bunnymen.
    I appreciate both Echo and The Bunnymen and U2 (up to Zooropa).

Advertisement