Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up HKC app

Options
  • 13-10-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hey - have a HKC secure wave 1070 system & had the App / GSM installed. all worked great for a year. The installed was done by HKC but remember getting the app set up was tricky ( some funny numbers requirements) , but once done, it was quite stable

Then I changed my phone. Have the installation ID & can't remember the password for the app. is it the engineering code or some other default, or where is it set up? have the engineers code so can access any data held on the system

advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Hey - have a HKC secure wave 1070 system & had the App / GSM installed. all worked great for a year. The installed was done by HKC but remember getting the app set up was tricky ( some funny numbers requirements) , but once done, it was quite stable

Then I changed my phone. Have the installation ID & can't remember the password for the app. is it the engineering code or some other default, or where is it set up? have the engineers code so can access any data held on the system

advice appreciated

On the keypad you should be able to recall the ID and Password.
    0*9 and your user code.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

went into engineering mode, typed that in, it cycles through a load of information on the screen, but does give the site ID & password....not i could see anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

BigGeorge wrote:
    went into engineering mode..
    Don’t, just follow altor’s instructions.

Tried '0*9 and your user code' ; its accepted all the code, said ' access denied & quick disabled'

Tried '0*9 and your user code' ; its accepted all the code, said ' access denied & quick disabled'

The installed turn off this access from the keypad as its on by default.

• Advertisement

went into engineering mode, typed that in, it cycles through a load of information on the screen, but does give the site ID & password....not i could see anyways

In engineer mode go to comms menu, yes, scroll to Securecomm, yes, status, yes.
    This will give you the ID and password also.

Thanks all for the great help, got into the system & found the password.
    When I go into the App now & put in the details, the app says that the password is incorrect. Is there a lockout inside securecomm for failed password attempts?

advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Thanks all for the great help, got into the system & found the password.
    When I go into the App now & put in the details, the app says that the password is incorrect. Is there a lockout inside securecomm for failed password attempts?

advice appreciated

Hi there are three bits when I set it up on a new phone

The site ID, password, and then the key pad pin that is used.

Hope that helps

Thanks, I have all those - is the invalid password bit has is throwing me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Thanks, I have all those - is the invalid password bit has is throwing me

Sorry I can't help more. My password was my real name that the installer set up for me. The instructions above should give you that. The pin was what I came up with and my installer insisted he didn't know / want to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Anziox33

(My question follows up the thread above so I've tagged it onto this.)
    I'm have a similar problem. Got a HKC SW-1070 installed and App on my phone.
    All's well until my phone recently packed in charging.

I've got a new phone but believe I need both Installation ID and install Password to re-install App on new phone.
    I have the Engineer PIN code and Users PIN code. Also App shows Install ID but password is hidden.
    When alarm is off I've entered 0*9 and got reply "Access denied".

Next, with alarm off, I enter Engineer PIN immediately followed by User PIN with no gaps/spaces/leading zeros.
    This gets me into Service Menu.
    I scroll forward using "Next" 8 times and this gets me to the "Comms" menu.
    I enter "Yes", then scroll forward with "Next" 8 times to get to the "Securecomm"
    Menu.
    Enter "Yes" on this and I go straight to "Status".
    Enter "Yes" on Status and the screen flashes
    "Installation ID", followed by 6-char install code,
    Then "GSM-Status", followed by "Connected OK".

I don't get the install password? Am I doing something Wrong?

I've held off downloading the App until I'm ready to go with the codes, but I presume it should be free If I've already bought it on my previous phone.

Anziox33 wrote: »
    "Installation ID", followed by 6-char install code,

This is the ID and the password.

Advertisement