Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Google Home Layout

Options
  • 13-10-2018 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I know is out a few days, but I'm impressed, it will sit well on the hub

So far the following is working very well

Nest cameras
    Nest doorbell

All hue items (limited use)

Lightwaverf socket's
    Lightwaverf gate
    Lightwaverf immersion

SONOFF

Smartthings

Sony TV

Google Home speakers

Chromecast

Issues

No lightwaverf heating

I've a double up on hue lights brought in as smartthings devices.

They just appear unattached to a room at the bottom of the screen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yeah I've the same double up issue with all my Home Assistant stuff that I've removed Home Assistant .

The app is working well, is well laid out. My only issue is that I can't invite my missus to the share. I send the invitation to join but she never gets the mail. Her account is already linked to the 2x Google Homes without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Yeah I've the same double up issue with all my Home Assistant stuff that I've removed Home Assistant .

The app is working well, is well laid out. My only issue is that I can't invite my missus to the share. I send the invitation to join but she never gets the mail. Her account is already linked to the 2x Google Homes without any issues.

Looking at the invite it mentions sharing linked media accounts. How does that work with netflix / spotify. I'd like her to share my netflix but use her own spotify

matrim wrote: »
    Looking at the invite it mentions sharing linked media accounts. How does that work with netflix / spotify. I'd like her to share my netflix but use her own spotify

You sure? I don't think linked accounts are shared. She would simply need to link your Netflix in her profile

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, it is a nice addition. Though my Logitech Circle cameras are listed, they aren't working (can't view them, etc.). Hopefully just a temporary issue.

Netatmo Thermostat, TP Link Smart Plug, Shield TV all work well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

It's not a mail, it shows up in her version of Home. Also, is she on iPhone? I had to temporarily set the missus up on an Android tablet to be able to accept the invite as it didn't work on Apple.

• Advertisement

Gulliver wrote: »
    It's not a mail, it shows up in her version of Home. Also, is she on iPhone? I had to temporarily set the missus up on an Android tablet to be able to accept the invite as it didn't work on Apple.

That makes sense. I was expecting her to get a mail. She had a home configured and had to delete it then there was the option to join mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

Ikea tradfri stuff working fine, probably better than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Love the new app its a massive improvement on its previous incarnation. Dare i say it its even wag friendly. Google doing a nice job of simplifying the view. 4 Google homes, Nest, Hue, Chromecast all linking in perfectly and able to be controlled from one place.

I see no way of changing the colour on hue light groups

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

No not yet.

It's very simple and very good IMO.

I love casting nest cameras to the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Or yeelights

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It seems they did demo changing colours during the Home Hub reveal, so hopefully been worked on and will come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just got around to updating my home app now.
    Really like the new layout.
    Its now a reasonable alternative control for my connected bits.
    Places Smart WeLink, SmartLife and nest in to easily controlled console.
    My wife loves it as its cut down on her apps ;)

I did have to delete my linked accounts and readd to get everything up and running tho.

After re linking my harmony hub I now have the activities in Google Assistant

463923.jpg

It's a pity clicking them does nothing only bring you into their settings. Hoping for further development

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

OK I know I'm being useless but for love not money can I find how to unlink my harmony all help appreciated

sioda wrote: »
    OK I know I'm being useless but for love not money can I find how to unlink my harmony all help appreciated

Open the Google home app, press voice search and when open press the compass icon and search.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

Search for what unlink harmony just gives a Google search
    Nevermind sorted never had it linked in the first place

sioda wrote: »
    Search for what unlink harmony just gives a Google search

Open home app, press Mic to voice search and press the compass in the search and search for harmony

463970.jpg

Advertisement