Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To those who believe WTC 7 didn't fall due to fire, how did it fall?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yeah perhaps instead of repeatedly telling people to watch videos

I gave up watching "truther" videos as soon as I'd seen enough to know that they are never what the headline trumpets them to be ("Proof!", "Smoking Gun!", "Whistle Blower!"), and are instead all sizzle and no steak, put together by people who either don't know how critical thinking and logic work, or who do, but hope the viewer doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I’ve researched a lot of conspiracy theories in my time and this has to be the funniest thing I’ve ever read. It’s beyong bonkers to think like this.

Silverstein phoned the insurance company to find out if they would pay out if the building was brought down by controlled demolition. It happened so why you think it's bonkers?

storker wrote: »
    I gave up watching "truther" videos as soon as I'd seen enough to know that they are never what the headline trumpets them to be ("Proof!", "Smoking Gun!", "Whistle Blower!"), and are instead all sizzle and no steak, put together by people who either don't know how critical thinking and logic work, or who do, but hope the viewer doesn't.

You may not know this but no modern steel framed building had collapsed due to fire pre 9/11. Three steel framed buildings collapsed and fell on 9/11. The people who believe WTC7 collapsed to fire are people who are not thinking logically.

NIST was unable to replicate the actual collapse conditions is another sign what truthers have said is true.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yeah perhaps instead of repeatedly telling people to watch videos you could spend some time coming up with a shred of credible evidence for your personal theory that some unknown people blew up a building in front of the world's media

12 pages of diversions and deflections

The actual collapse video shows what happened. The building fell down symmetrically!

NIST images do not show a symmetrical collapse. The building looked like a crushed soda can when it fell.

If you had watched the actual collapse video. You would see the walls came straight down (no deformations or crushing in) and the roofline was almost a perfect horizontal line as it fell.

You know that's an impossibility in a natural collapse? For a symmetrical collapse to occur all the vertical columns have to break at the same time.

That's why NIST images look like they do. A progressive collapse is not instant. You have to wait for all the floors to buckle and break and fall away.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe For NIST theory to make sense fire would have to buckle all the columns at the same time. Did not happen.

When the truthers had to point out to NIST freefall occurred it was game over.

Dohnjoe You don't understand the implications of freefall.

Demolition experts will tell you this a building can not fall down naturally and not meet structural resistance underneath. Wtc7 was falling down at freefall speeds, is a tell-tale sign of controlled demolition.

If NIST was right building 7 would not have come down at freefall speeds. There is a sequence of failures that need to occur in a natural collapse.

Maybe you did not understand this? NIST computer simulation calculations are wrong. They claim it took 20+ seconds when the Penthouse fell from the roof for the entire building to start coming down.

False the actual collapse the building started falling in 5 to 6 seconds after the Penthouse left the roof.

20+ second in their model for the progressive collapse to finish up.

In actual reality, it took only 5 to 6 seconds for WTC7 to start falling down completely.

Dohnjoe NIST is claiming all the steel and concrete just disappeared no explanation how that was even possible in a natural collapse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

You may not know this but no modern steel framed building had collapsed due to fire pre 9/11.

This proves nothing; there is a first time for everything. By the way, how many of the buildings that failed to collapse due to fire had also been impacted by airliners moving at high speed?
    Three steel framed buildings collapsed and fell on 9/11. The people who believe WTC7 collapsed to fire are people who are not thinking logically.

OK, so we're agreed that only one building collapsed due to fire alone. Except that WTC7 was also hit by a large amount of debris from the collapse of the North and South towers. Aerial photos of the collapsing towers show a large debris cloud surrounding WTC7, and considerable damage to the southwest corner of that building. NIST determined later that the most likely scenario was that the south face of WTC was severely damaged by falling debris, and that it was this, combined with the the fires, that brought the building down. Eye-witness reports by firefighters on the scene give support to this view:

Lt Rudy Weindler, Ladder Co, 40: "So we left 7 World Trade Center, back down to the street, where I ran into Chief Coloe from the 1st Division, Captain Varriale, Engine 24, and Captain Varriale told Chief Coloe and myself that 7 World Trade Center was badly damaged on the south side and definitely in danger of collapse. Chief Coloe said we were going to evacuate the collapse zone around 7 World Trade Center, which we did."

Fire Captain Chris Boyle: "Then we received an order from Fellini, we're going to make a move on 7. That was the first time really my stomach tightened up because the building didn't look good. I was figuring probably the standpipe systems were shot. There was no hydrant pressure. I wasn't really keen on the idea. Then this other officer I'm standing next to said, that building doesn't look straight. So I'm standing there. I'm looking at the building. It didn't look right, but, well, we'll go in, we'll see. [...]And just around we were about a hundred yards away and Butch Brandies came running up. He said forget it,nobody's going into 7, there's creaking, there are noises coming out of there, so we just stopped."

Deputy Chief Peter Hayden: "Early on, we saw a bulge in the southwest corner between floors 10 and 13, and we had put a transit on that and we were pretty sure she was going to collapse. You actually could see there was a visible bulge, it ran up about three floors. It came down about 5 o'clock in the afternoon, but by about 2 o'clock in the afternoon we realized this thing was going to collapse."

So the eyewitness accounts indicate a weakened building that was suffering a very serious, very large, and that it was no surprise to those on the scene that it collapsed. Indeed

To go against that, some pretty compelling evidence would be required:
    • Evidence confirming who wired the building for demolition, or who ordered it to be done.
    • Evidence confirming the reason for the demolition.
    • Evidence confirming where the charges were placed.
    • Evidence explaining how the charges placed without anyone noticing.

If you have any of this evidence, I would be interested in seeing it, and by "evidence", I mean real evidence and not innuendo...the kind of evidence that would be likely to result in charges (legal, not explosive :)) being brought...the kind of evidence that would support someone being to 100% positive as "truthers" tend to be, that skulduggery was indeed afoot.

(Oh, and no videos please, and if citing a website or publication, please make it precise - direct me straight to the money quotes - my reading time is limited.)

Dohnjoe believes in miracles.

Dohnjoe has to explain how 84 columns (exterior and perimeter) got removed in 1 to 2 seconds by fire? If he can't then the NIST study as I have always known is junk science.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

This proves nothing; there is a first time for everything. By the way, how many of the buildings that failed to collapse due to fire had also been impacted by airliners moving at high speed?

OK, so we're agreed that only one building collapsed due to fire alone. Except that WTC7 was also hit by a large amount of debris from the collapse of the North and South towers. Aerial photos of the collapsing towers show a large debris cloud surrounding WTC7, and considerable damage to the southwest corner of that building. NIST determined later that the most likely scenario was that the south face of WTC was severely damaged by falling debris, and that it was this, combined with the the fires, that brought the building down. Eye-witness reports by firefighters on the scene give support to this view:

Lt Rudy Weindler, Ladder Co, 40: "So we left 7 World Trade Center, back down to the street, where I ran into Chief Coloe from the 1st Division, Captain Varriale, Engine 24, and Captain Varriale told Chief Coloe and myself that 7 World Trade Center was badly damaged on the south side and definitely in danger of collapse. Chief Coloe said we were going to evacuate the collapse zone around 7 World Trade Center, which we did."

Fire Captain Chris Boyle: "Then we received an order from Fellini, we're going to make a move on 7. That was the first time really my stomach tightened up because the building didn't look good. I was figuring probably the standpipe systems were shot. There was no hydrant pressure. I wasn't really keen on the idea. Then this other officer I'm standing next to said, that building doesn't look straight. So I'm standing there. I'm looking at the building. It didn't look right, but, well, we'll go in, we'll see. [...]And just around we were about a hundred yards away and Butch Brandies came running up. He said forget it,nobody's going into 7, there's creaking, there are noises coming out of there, so we just stopped."

Deputy Chief Peter Hayden: "Early on, we saw a bulge in the southwest corner between floors 10 and 13, and we had put a transit on that and we were pretty sure she was going to collapse. You actually could see there was a visible bulge, it ran up about three floors. It came down about 5 o'clock in the afternoon, but by about 2 o'clock in the afternoon we realized this thing was going to collapse."

So the eyewitness accounts indicate a weakened building that was suffering a very serious, very large, and that it was no surprise to those on the scene that it collapsed. Indeed

• Evidence confirming who wired the building for demolition, or who ordered it to be done.

If you have any of this evidence, I would be interested in seeing it, and by "evidence", I mean real evidence and not innuendo...the kind of evidence that would be likely to result in charges (legal, not explosive :)) being brought...the kind of evidence that would support someone being to 100% positive as "truthers" tend to be, that skulduggery was indeed afoot.

(Oh, and no videos please, and if citing a website or publication, please make it precise - direct me straight to the money quotes - my reading time is limited.)

Obviously false flag agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ipso wrote: »
    Obviously false flag agents.

Or robots

The photos I think you saw are misleading. There was dust from the towers falling. Sceptics claim it's smoke, in reality, it mostly dust rising from the ground up. Emergency vehicles were coming in and out of there all day and dust was blown up everywhere.

Yes WTC7 was hit by falling debris, but only on the Southside and near the West corner wall. There was a gash on that side. Yet not what caused the building to fall down. The collapse initiated near the east wall

You wrong on this NIST states the structural damage played no part in WTC7 falling down.

NIST theory is fire heated up a steel girder on floor 13 at column 79 and it expanded and slid off its seat and fell down. Floors on the eastside lost lateral support. The floors underneath 13 collapsed, then floors above 14 collapsed to the very top of the Penthouse. Then when the Penthouse fell in, floors across the width of the building started collapsing.

WTC 5 and 6 burned all day and had suffered more structural damage they never collapsed.

You have to remember it was a crazy day firefighters were reacting to things they witnessed. Any building that had a fire they probably would have thought it was going to come down! There is no evidence of a bulge in WTC7 there was a gash a number of floors were taken out on the Southwest side.

You want me to speculate about who was involved in destroying the building? Why is this more important than the science right now?

NIST claims building 7 did not come down symmetrically? Are you not aware of why thats important?

Or robots

No, most likely holograms. probably planted the termites, too.
    No one can prove me wrong, youtube stardom here I come.

The photos I think you saw are misleading. There was dust from the towers falling. Sceptics claim it's smoke, in reality, it mostly dust rising from the ground up. Emergency vehicles were coming in and out of there all day and dust was blown up everywhere.

Yes WTC7 was hit by falling debris, but only on the Southside and near the West corner wall. There was a gash on that side. Yet not what caused the building to fall down. The collapse initiated near the east wall

You wrong on this NIST states the structural damage played no part in WTC7 falling down.

NIST theory is fire heated up a steel girder on floor 13 at column 79 and it expanded and slid off its seat and fell down. Floors on the eastside lost lateral support. The floors underneath 13 collapsed, then floors above 14 collapsed to the very top of the Penthouse. Then when the Penthouse fell in, floors across the width of the building started collapsing.

WTC 5 and 6 burned all day and had suffered more structural damage they never collapsed.

You have to remember it was a crazy day firefighters were reacting to things they witnessed. Any building that had a fire they probably would have thought it was going to come down! There is no evidence of a bulge in WTC7 there was a gash a number of floors were taken out on the Southwest side.

You want me to speculate about who was involved in destroying the building? Why is this more important than the science right now?

NIST claims building 7 did not come down symmetrically? Are you not aware of why thats important?

Should a building come down symmetrically if it wasn't damaged symmetrically?

Ipso wrote: »
    Should a building come down symmetrically if it wasn't damaged symmetrically?

This type of event only occurs in a controlled demolition.

This is what the building 7 looked like from all sides according to NIST:confused:
    463847.png

This is not a symmetrical collapse. The actual collapse the building fell down symmetrical. The roofline was almost perfectly straight and east and west side walls did not push in as they show in that image. For a symmetrical collapse to occur all the columns have to fall instantly together.

Ipso This video will show you, in reality, the way the building fell down.

This, not a conspiracy the building fell down like this on 9/11.

[IMG][/img]2k65iv.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker

https://youtu.be/_kSq663m0G8

Nice short video that shows how and why Building 7 collapsed.

https://youtu.be/_kSq663m0G8

Nice short video that shows how and why Building 7 collapsed.

The video is out of date. Most of that information has been debunked a long time ago. Mostly by NIST by the way, not truthers.

Diesel theory was debunked by NIST.

You miss this tipy on the video you posted

PLEASE NOTE: This video was made in September 2007. The official investigation into the collapse of WTC7 at this time was still ongoing and did its final report was not released until more than a year later, in December 2008

• Advertisement

The video is out of date. Most of that information has been debunked a long time ago. Mostly by NIST by the way, not truthers.

Diesel theory was debunked by NIST.

You miss this tipy on the video you posted

PLEASE NOTE: This video was made in September 2007. The official investigation into the collapse of WTC7 at this time was still ongoing and did its final report was not released until more than a year later, in December 2008

Why put explosives in Building 7?

Why put explosives in Building 7?

Good question, I like to know that too? The reality is that's how it went down.

NIST could not repeat the actual collapse conditions is proof that's what happened.

Good question, I like to know that too? The reality is that's how it went down.

NIST could not repeat the actual collapse conditions is proof that's what happened.

The reality is there is zero proof of explosives been used. The whole plan would rely on a diversion anyway, and a big one at that, the South Tower collapsing on top of Building 7. So the plan to bring down Building 7 would rely on a plane hitting the South Tower and then the South Tower collapsing on top of Building 7 and badly damaging it enough to use as cover to set off multiple explosives. Why not just fly the plane into Building 7?

The reality is there is zero proof of explosives been used. The whole plan would rely on a diversion anyway, and a big one at that, the South Tower collapsing on top of Building 7. So the plan to bring down Building 7 would rely on a plane hitting the South Tower and then the South Tower collapsing on top of Building 7 and badly damaging it enough to set off multiple explosives. Why not just fly the plane into Building 7?

The terrorist attack was the diversion.

Stage 1
    My opinion and the evidence is very strong for this Saudi Arabia was working with the terrorists to carry out the 9/11 attack? Saudi officials with Wahhabism religious beliefs helped and funded and planned the attacks with Al Qaeda.

Stage 2
    What I not sure of is were they in contact with a rogue group inside the United States? Did they plan this together in secret?

The other possibility the rogue group knew this was going to happen on Sep 11. So used that day to get rid of the evidence of financial crimes? Even if explosives were found the terrorists will be blamed?

The plan only required the planes to hit the towers. That was guaranteed because the defence network was in shambles from the military drill taking place that day. That terrorists were able to pick a day where US military was doing multiple war drills is a smoking gun that terrorists had inside information. These drills were secret at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

The reality is there is zero proof of explosives been used. The whole plan would rely on a diversion anyway, and a big one at that, the South Tower collapsing on top of Building 7. So the plan to bring down Building 7 would rely on a plane hitting the South Tower and then the South Tower collapsing on top of Building 7 and badly damaging it enough to use as cover to set off multiple explosives. Why not just fly the plane into Building 7?

An hour ago you you put up an inaccurate video wrongly claiming how and why building 7 collapsed

That is the reality

weisses wrote: »
    An hour ago you you put up an inaccurate video wrongly claiming how and why building 7 collapsed

That is the reality

Only thing in that video which is up for debate is whether the diesel tanks helped spread the fire. But the diesel tanks were there which nobody can deny (unlike explosives), so whether they did or not doesn’t really matter as it was fire which caused the building to collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Guys, don't let Cheerful drag you into a debate on his misunderstandings and lies about the official story.
    This thread is about the alternative explanations and why they are stupid, ridiculous and ultimately hollow.

The best tactic is to ask questions and try to pin down claims from the conspiracy theory so you get ideas like a guy calling his insurance company to ask if he still gets paid if he commits fraud against them.

Conspiracy theorists can't deal with questions about their own conspiracy theories. They don't like having to admit they can't answer them and they don't like having to face how silly they are.

Also math. He doesn't like doing math.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

Obviously building 7 was brought down by fire, sure it was made of balsa wood !

On a serious note though, if metal becomes hot enough to melt, it must already have been hot enough to deform, i.e. bend, buckle, warp, expand, sag. So why didn't anything give way in a non-instantaneous manner, prior to the instant "disappearance" of any form of metal support from the building.

Of course it was a controlled demolition, that's why it looks like one !

Anyway, Larry Silverstein didn't say "pull them", he said "pull it" so he was talking about the building, not the firefighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ok, so you think that he was talking about the building.
    Why does he admit this on camera?

Is the story he tells what you think actually happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The terrorist attack was the diversion.

Stage 1
    My opinion and the evidence is very strong for this Saudi Arabia was working with the terrorists to carry out the 9/11 attack? Saudi officials with Wahhabism religious beliefs helped and funded and planned the attacks with Al Qaeda.

Stage 2
    What I not sure of is were they in contact with a rogue group inside the United States? Did they plan this together in secret?

The other possibility the rogue group knew this was going to happen on Sep 11. So used that day to get rid of the evidence of financial crimes? Even if explosives were found the terrorists will be blamed?

The plan only required the planes to hit the towers. That was guaranteed because the defence network was in shambles from the military drill taking place that day. That terrorists were able to pick a day where US military was doing multiple war drills is a smoking gun that terrorists had inside information. These drills were secret at the time.

How is this a smoking gun?

Lets say the drills had not been taking place, what do you think would have happened differently?

This was an unprecedented attack the likes of which had never been seen before, When the 1st plane hit it was presumed it was a terrible accident, only when the 2nd plane hit was it realised that it was a terrorist attack.

After that nothing changes! The twin towers still fall, WTC7 (and other buildings) still gets damaged and falls.

Military drills or not the outcome was the same once those planes hit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement