Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returns on baby items

• 13-10-2018 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, just wanted to run something past ye and see before I go into a shop and possibly lose it!

I bought a baby bottle kit the other day but turns out I don't actually need it. I went in to return it today, unused and unopened, I was told that the return couldn't be processed because the manager was gone away. I'm not a total asshole so I said ok.

The girl then told me that they mightant give me a refund due to "hygiene issues" and might then only give me a voucher.

I'm fairly sure this is a load of crap, as far as I know hygiene non return items are things like earrings, and I wasn't told when purchasing it that there would be no returns.

I am entitled to a full refund right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

<SNIP>

You will have to check the terms and conditions of return on the receipt. Some stores will take back things for a refund with valid receipt within a certain amount of days. Some Won't ..it may fall under exceptions as baby formula does but that will be also stated on receipt.
    Legally (as far as I know) you are not automatically entitled to a refund just because you changed your mind.
    Usually the manager can use their discretion for refunds so approach nicely and explain and you might be OK..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

Not entitled to a refund.
    There well within there rights to refuse and lucky if they even offer you a gift voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

There's no entitlement unless the item is faulty.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-goods/changing-your-mind/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ok, cool thanks lads.

Some honey it is so when I go back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,153 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I am entitled to a full refund right?

You are entitled to nothing believe it or not. In a physical shop they only have to take back faulty goods. Goods with nothing wrong with them they take back off their own bat as a good will gesture. It's totally up to the shop if they give refund, credit or refuse to take back. Tbh if there is a hygiene issue then they shouldn't take it back at all.

Had you bought online you would have had a 14 day cooling off period & entitled to a full refund

• Advertisement
Advertisement