Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi problems with Eir

Options
  • 13-10-2018 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

We have been experiencing problems with our WiFi with Eir, the service is terrible, I have logged faults online, but hear nothing, I logged for a sales call, but yet again no contact. We are paying just under €80- a month and you can’t even watch a film, but today I can’t even do a simple speed test! You’d swear every weekend the decide to plug us out as I hear the local exchange is not fit for purpose. We were with Vodafone and left for this same issue. It’s absolutely ridiculous paying for it anymore, I may as well go back to one of the other providers and pay half what I’m forking out to eir, so annoyed. I’ve tried phoning but keep getting cut off due to a high volume of calls, what does that tell you!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭riddles

NM2015 wrote: »
    We have been experiencing problems with our WiFi with Eir, the service is terrible, I have logged faults online, but hear nothing, I logged for a sales call, but yet again no contact. We are paying just under €80- a month and you can’t even watch a film, but today I can’t even do a simple speed test! You’d swear every weekend the decide to plug us out as I hear the local exchange is not fit for purpose. We were with Vodafone and left for this same issue. It’s absolutely ridiculous paying for it anymore, I may as well go back to one of the other providers and pay half what I’m forking out to eir, so annoyed. I’ve tried phoning but keep getting cut off due to a high volume of calls, what does that tell you!!!
    click on the eir WiFi change dns settings add in 1.1.1.1 works on any device I have

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Largescale DNS outage in eir today. Replace router dns setting with 8.8.8.8 will put you on to Google DNS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

NM2015 wrote: »
    Hi NM2015, 

I'm afraid we had a nationwide outage over the weekend that has now been resolved. 

If you are still experiencing issues the best people to report this too is our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue and resolve it. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I'm having problems in our house at the moment were 3 phones won't connect to wifi anymore, the 2.4g wifi that we always use without a problem now keeps cutting out and every so often will say "authentication error" and then the option to pick it just disappears. All laptops are working fine on 5g though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I'm having problems in our house at the moment were 3 phones won't connect to wifi anymore, the 2.4g wifi that we always use without a problem now keeps cutting out and every so often will say "authentication error" and then the option to pick it just disappears. All laptops are working fine on 5g though
    Hi keithkk16

If you contact 1890260260 they will be able to assist. Unfortunately we won't be able to assist with any technical queries or troubleshooting here

-Kyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement