Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ei0108 today cancelled

Options
  • 13-10-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to tell me why Ei0108 from jfk to dub was cancelled. My parents are due back on it but now stuck in new york for an extra day

Comments

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me why Ei0108 from jfk to dub was cancelled. My parents are due back on it but now stuck in new york for an extra day

I don’t know the exact reason but the silver lining for them is compensation (should pay for their flights)and a free hotel. Hopefully when they receive their EU261 money it’ll offset their disappointment and any stress caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Operational according to Aer Lingus on FB so yes they'll be claiming EU261, they've to pay hotel and stuff themselves but can claim that back also so I've told them to keep receipts for hotel, meals and taxis to from hotel and airport. They were connecting in New York and they wouldn't change the first flight otherwise they could have stayed with my brother an extra day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Today's westbound EI109 has been cancelled so that is the principal reason why the homeward flight cannot operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Ah back to normal ops then, canx here canx there la la la. Not good realy. Im afraid more to come unless they take back the crews off that old 757 operation well some of them. Smart flys.............

They're rebooked onto tomorrow's EI104 so that's good anyway. Fingers crossed there's no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Operational according to Aer Lingus on FB so yes they'll be claiming EU261, they've to pay hotel and stuff themselves but can claim that back also so I've told them to keep receipts for hotel, meals and taxis to from hotel and airport. They were connecting in New York and they wouldn't change the first flight otherwise they could have stayed with my brother an extra day.

Does the hotel money come out of the eu261 money or is it extra.
    Fortunately they were able to pay for the hotel. You’d be put up in one provided by the airline if you didn’t have money to pay for it surely. ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

adam88 wrote: »

Fortunately they were able to pay for the hotel. You’d be put up in one provided by the airline if you didn’t have money to pay for it surely. ??
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Apparently there was a lack of pilots to operate the EI109 over the JFK.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Extra. Costs are covered and then the compensation is on top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

L1011 wrote: »
    Extra. Costs are covered and then the compensation is on top

So long you didn’t have to rush back you’d be nearly hoping for a delay or cancellation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

mikel97 wrote: »
    Ah back to normal ops then, canx here canx there la la la. Not good realy. Im afraid more to come unless they take back the crews off that old 757 operation well some of them. Smart flys.............

They don't own the crews on the 757

So long you didn’t have to rush back you’d be nearly hoping for a delay or cancellation

Well my mam and dad don't have to be rushing back so they get a night in new york and basically they're fligjts over and back paid for out of the comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

They don't own the crews on the 757

It’s half and half, half ASL crew and half EI crew on secondment to ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Shortage of crews on both short and long haul fleets and near daily text messages asking us to work our days off. Apparently crewing numbers are correct though according to management.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

basill wrote: »
    Shortage of crews on both short and long haul fleets and near daily text messages asking us to work our days off. Apparently crewing numbers are correct though according to management.

Same with engineering...I reckon if pilots stopped coming in on days off and engineers didn't do overtime the operation would collapse in a day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Running a short haul airline on a shoestring is bad enough but on the trans-atlantic, its even worse. If they pulled back the 757 pilots in the morning, it still wouldn't be good enough......Kavanagh is heading off into the sunset and leaving a mess behind him.

Advertisement