Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs Denmark, Nations League, Sky Sports Football, 7.45pm

• 13-10-2018 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

2017-11-21_wex_36389538_I1.JPG

Teams are in:
    Ireland XI: Randolph; Christie, Duffy, K.Long, Keogh; Doherty, O'Dowda, Arter, Hendrick; McClean, S.Long

Denmark XI: Schmeichel; Dalsgaard, Kjaer, Zanka, Larsen; Delaney, Schone; Sisto, Poulsen, Braithwaite; Dolberg.

Not sure what our formation will be. Sky are suggesting 3 at the back. Denmark being without Eriksen is a blow for them and a nice boost for us. Poulsen's having a damn good season though with Leipzig so I can see him being the big danger. Hopefully Doherty can cause some problems too.

I'm going to be optimistic and say we'll edge it by a goal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I think Ireland will win this

Really fancy them @ 5/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The stadium is looking sparsely populated this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Why the fcuk is this competitive match not on terrestrial tv.. you prickkkk John Delaney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hadn't thought about it but it is pretty remarkable that in order to watch this crucial Irish game you have to be subscribed to a foreign TV service. I know NI fans have to put up with that as well but they're in the UK. We aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Hadn't thought about it but it is pretty remarkable that in order to watch this crucial Irish game you have to be subscribed to a foreign TV service. I know NI fans have to put up with that as well but they're in the UK. We aren't.

The FAI couldnt care less about the fans or the publicity at home. Its all about money and JD...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

On 2 channels, both PPV is a bit crazy alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

secman wrote: »
    Why the fcuk is this competitive match not on terrestrial tv.. you prickkkk John Delaney.

Think it's because Sky had the rights to Irelands friendlies for x amount of years and because they scraped most the friendlies for the nation's league they had to let Sky show them because they were losing out on games they had the rights too.

Hendrick misses an absolute sitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What a bloody miss.

There was a time when these threads would be packed for an Ireland match.

Not any more :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Terrible miss.

Danes would have rioted had Hendrick scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The stadium is looking sparsely populated this evening.

Id say a big percentage of the people there got free tickets. Lots of schoolboy clubs offered pretty much as many free tickets as they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Some craic if that had gone in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

McClean at it already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Christie in midfield? Right.

Silly Yellow 7 mins in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Shocking miss, bit of needle now in this game from the reaction post chance to the tackle there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I would hope that Hendrick missed that on purpose. But what was he thinking of? He surely noticed that the Danes had stopped playing.

HOOFball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Missed what happened there? Why did the danes stop playing for hendricks chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Dempsey wrote: »
    Missed what happened there? Why did the danes stop playing for hendricks chance?

Arter was on the floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'm glad I didn't renew my season ticket this is rubbish. So negative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Christie in midfield? Right.

Christie in midfield, McClean LWB and Hendrick as the second striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Not impressed by Walters comments pre match on sky stirring the pot abt keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

astradave wrote: »
    Arter was on the floor

Should of put the ball out then

Hate that nonsence tbh

Zico ! wrote: »
    Not impressed by Walters comments pre match on sky stirring the pot abt keane

What did he say?

What did he say?

What's app messages were correct -no need to get into it

Uh vomit thunder clap, were as bad as the welsh

• Advertisement

Long up front by himself with 4 defenders around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

How is that not a card for Delaney? Dreadful refereeing.

No chance, ball was there to be challenged. Randolph came off worse. Free out, nothing more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Has long gone long to long yet?

No chance, ball was there to be challenged. Randolph came off worse. Free out, nothing more

Ball is always there. I’ve seen legs broken when the ball was there too. Nonsense argument. It was not deliberate but it was dangerous and he should have been carded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I don't know what people in general think of this league,for me it's just another boring International weekend.If we had a different Manager it might be a bit more interesting and enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Why dont we just try a bit of route one, all this tiki taka football is terrible to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Christie in midfield, McClean LWB and Hendrick as the second striker.

Christ, I seen that lineup on Livescore and was wondering how they had it so badly wrong. I wish they had.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Says a lot when you set up as a de facto defensive 451 at home against an average team missing their star player.

I don't know what people in general think of this league,for me it's just another boring International weekend.If we had a different Manager it might be a bit more interesting and enjoyable.

I don’t really think there’s an appetite for it. I’d be surprised if it lasts for more than two editions.

Jesus this thread would depress the life out of you, I'd say some posters can't wait for Denmark to score so they can stick the boot in.

This is a team that embarrassed us 5-1 last time out, so I'm not sure how it is shocking that we are being a bit more cautious. Yes it's not very pretty to look at but this is a results based business, and we've kept it nice and tight so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I keep having to tell myself the Nations League are supposedly competitive games of football but they manage to capture a friendly atmosphere like no other.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Jesus this thread would depress the life out of you, I'd say some posters can't wait for Denmark to score so they can stick the boot in.

This is a team that embarrassed us 5-1 last time out, so I'm not sure how it is shocking that we are being a bit more cautious. Yes it's not very pretty to look at but this is a results based business, and we've kept it nice and tight so far.

Whatever gets O'Neill and Keane the road.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Whatever gets O'Neill and Keane the road.

Ah yes, the same way getting rid of Trap was the answer to all our problems.

Why aren't we producing players? If we're looking at sackings then surely Mr Noel King has to go first.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yes it's not very pretty to look at but this is a results based business, and we've kept it nice and tight so far.

So get that result by playing long ball to a non-existent big man with non-existing runners to back him up inviting continuous pressure? O'Neill is nothing but a gambler. Hoof it up and maybe it will go in off somebody's arse. Regardless I want nothing but a win for Ireland as I always do.

Ah yes, the same way getting rid of Trap was the answer to all our problems.

Why aren't we producing players? If we're looking at sackings then surely Mr Noel King has to go first.

No it wasn't the answer because they hired O'Neill.

King can drive the two of them out the gate and stay there with them, though the players are better than the tripe we witness from the setup.

All the hype about Doherty and he's been crap. Nearly cost us a goal there.

No danger of an Irish goal anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I've seen Ireland play much worse. At least there seems to be a desire to keep the ball.

As a game though it's a bit pedestrian

The latest in a line of players who perform for their clubs and then look like a Leinster Senior League player in an Irish shirt. If only we could pinpoint a common factor in it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

He's not adapting well to O'Neill's tiki-taka.

• Advertisement
Advertisement