Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ireland vs Denmark, Nations League, Sky Sports Football, 7.45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What's the attendance?

Some amount of fools out there imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

There was more of a buzz in the Croatia vs England crowd last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Half the people there probably got free tickets. They were still ripped off at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Robinson needs to start against Wales.

Might be more of an impact player but I'd look to start him behind the two up front, have him as the furthest forward of the midfield trio.

Think Stevens is another lad that has to start Tuesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Turned down a free ticket myself, don’t think I made the wrong call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Half the people there probably got free tickets. They were still ripped off at that price.
    My sister got free tickets and she regrets going

Good spot from the ref, embarrassing that and it’ll give O’Neill an out in the press conference after. He’ll be whinging about deserving a penalty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

MurDawg wrote: »
    Leaving a match 60 mins in while it’s all to play for? Best off without those supporters if you ask me

Were **** and all but that is just stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That was embarrassing by Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Thanks be to fvck for the split screen function. So glad I wasn't stuck alone with this.

Christ, enough is enough. 2 million is spent on O'Neill and that is what we are serving up. FAI need a major clear out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Denmark embarrassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hendrick should have won this game for us. We can't even cheat properly.

Zico ! wrote: »
    Mclean cant even take a corner hes awful

Ssshhhh you will be accused of hating his political views
    Also how man late tackles i stopped counting after three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He's got great heart though.

And no feckin brain.

There is nothing to lose tonight and we still serve up some awful football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Hendrick should have won this game for us. We can't even cheat properly.

There was no cheating there.

All the optimism about Hendrick from the Euros but he's just another donkey. Glenn Whelan with sass.

Better hair and tatts tbh :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

All the hype about Doherty and he's been crap. Nearly cost us a goal there.

That's O'Neill and Keane's fault. They set him up for a fall by playing him in his favourite position

Think they’ll need more than free tickets to convince people to go on Tuesday. Maybe pay the crowd by the hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

36% possession and 3 attempts over 90 mins. At home. McClean talking absolute bôllocks in post match interview, ‘sure we battled well’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I knew it wouldn't be long before Doherty was put into 'Hoolahan mode', where because people wanted him to play (and weren't saying he's Messi) he gets judged more harshly. He was no better or worse than anyone there tonight. When Christie gets the official MOTM you know that some things are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

And no feckin brain.

Yeah I was being sarcastic haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Corholio wrote: »
    I knew it wouldn't be long before Doherty was put into 'Hoolahan mode', where because people wanted him to play (and weren't saying he's Messi) he gets judged more harshly. He was no better or worse than anyone there tonight. When Christie gets the official MOTM you know that some things are wrong.

+1. And IMO it'll take more than one start and a change in the approach to games before he'll be able to show his best.

Expecting miracles in his first start and in a team playing dire football is asking a bit much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Strumms wrote: »
    36% possession and 3 attempts over 90 mins. At home. McClean talking absolute bôllocks in post match interview, ‘sure we battled well’.

They definitely battled well? Valiant point against superior opposition all over the field. This is our new reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Jesus O’Neill talk some ****e. Denmark were hanging on for a point at the end??

Pretty classless interview by Schmeichel, giving out about the balls and fair play....hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

All these free tickets are just being giving out as everything is alright propaganda. It would look bad on delaney if it was just the people that paid for their tickets in the crowd tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Strumms wrote: »
    Pretty classless interview by Schmeichel, giving out about the balls and fair play....hmmm

Casper comes across like a bit of a ****, I guess his dad was the same

siblers wrote: »

Yeah from some of his antics on the pitch to him loosing his senses off it during interviews...I wouldn’t be impressed, don’t see the comparisons with his old man however

blueser wrote: »
    Shooting off at a tangent here (that's how riveting the game is!); how come the only Irish replica shirts you can buy have that fugly "three" logo on them. It's not on the players' shirts. When I go over to games in England, you see England replica shirts on sale in Sports Direct, JD Sports, etc and they don't have the Vauxhall logo plastered all over them. What's the story?

You must be new to watching Ireland? Been the case for 20+ years.

ricero wrote: »
    Just after leaving the stadium. Pure and utter scutter

Edgy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

blueser wrote: »
    Shooting off at a tangent here (that's how riveting the game is!); how come the only Irish replica shirts you can buy have that fugly "three" logo on them. It's not on the players' shirts. When I go over to games in England, you see England replica shirts on sale in Sports Direct, JD Sports, etc and they don't have the Vauxhall logo plastered all over them. What's the story?

Do what I did, buy a knockout one from China, you get the Irish kit without the '3' logo, and rub it up the FAI/3/New Balance for doing it in the 1st place, against the wishes of the fans for the last 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

That was the ****test atmosphere I've experienced and an Ireland game. A collective sense of disinterest.

Septic football on show.

Heard there were 46,000 tickets 'sold' yesterday. My hoop, empty seats everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

sugarman wrote: »

It's a Danish thing.

Their coach looks like a right smug so and so too. Looks like he’s after winning 5 world cups the head on him. They’re actually a very ordinary team and have been really overrated in this country because of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

We have no one that can take a set piece not one of them can swing in a free kick or take a corner -that aint down to O Neill thats just the facts .McCleans corners were low going to the front post time after time thats non league stuff.
    And itll be worse when Bradys back in hes another front post hoofer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Unlike virtually all other footballers, he grew up a millionaire's son so he's likely to have been spoiled. Add in the fact he's Danish (so he looks the part) and won the league with Leicester, I'd say he's insufferable. Wasn't he one of the ringleaders to get Ranieri out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Wasn't expecting such baby tears over someone leaving early.

It has to be said again, Hendrick's miss was horrible.

Not sure what would have happened had he scored. The Danes would have been a bit upset. But he should have.

Their coach looks like a right smug so and so too. Looks like he’s after winning 5 world cups the head on him. They’re actually a very ordinary team and have been really overrated in this country because of last year.

Were an ordinary team, the Danes are a good team
    They are better in nearly every position than us

irishman86 wrote: »

They are technically better than us but we've been competing well with that disadvantage for a long time. Denmark are far from the best teams in Europe. They've beaten absolutely no one. They didn't even qualify for Euro 2016 when they were ousted by Albania with much of the same squad. Christian Erikson had probably the finest performance of his career one night in Landsdowne Road and for that reason people think we should be massive underdogs against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I disagree. I'd say if anything, they're underrated. They're unbeaten in 2018 over 90 minutes and have conceded only 2 goals in 10 games. This includes a draw at the World Cup with eventual winners France, and getting knocked out by finalists Croatia on pens. (Note - doesn't include the time they sent the amateurs out against Slovakia over the money dispute). They also outplayed a good Welsh side that had wiped the floor with us.

For a country of their size they're punching well above their weight and as we found out last year, when they have Eriksen they pack quite a punch.

I dont think were massive underdogs, but there is a noticeable gap between us
    Look through there team and see how many 23 and under they have they could become the Croatia of the next ten years
    Excluding Eriksen they have more talent than us in every position. We arent at there level and will drift further apart going by the players they and we have coming through
    Our strongest position is in central defence imo. They have a Sevilla captain and a player who started for Chelsea most of last year. We have Duffy who i like and honestly think is our best player and wouldnt have him far off either of theres and Clark/Keogh/Long who are a big step down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

It has to be said again, Hendrick's miss was horrible.

Not sure what would have happened had he scored. The Danes would have been a bit upset. But he should have.

he should have squared the ball to long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I am a bit surprised how negative the majority seem to be about the match. We have just been hammered by Wales and Denmark destroyed us at home last year.

The players gave a decent, battling display and got a decent result. I'd imagine Danish fans will be quite disappointed with their teams performance and certainly would have been expecting to beat us comfortably enough.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    he should have squared the ball to long

With Longs current record, the end result would have been the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

With Longs current record, the end result would have been the same

we would have had an open goal though. jeff made the wrong decision, we need the players to take the 1 or 2 chances we get in games.