Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 Cent Coffee & Food - Lolly & Cooks - 19 and 20 October

• 13-10-2018 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

If you pay for your order using your phone (Apple Pay/Google Pay etc) then the following items are 1 cent each in Lolly and Cooks on Friday 19 October 2018 and Saturday 20 October 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/LollyandCooks/
    AMAZING OFFER......next Friday 19th & Saturday 20th October from AIB. Our new Savage Bowls (normally €12, see menu below) and all hot drinks will cost just 1c when you pay with your smart phone. Seriously what a deal

Savage Bowls –
    All served on a bed of aromatic brown rice
    The Lolly - €12.00
    Tuna loin marinated in soy & wasabi, with sesame seeds, samphire, wakame, pickled ginger, edamame, pickled cabbage, and coriander in a soy, lime, honey, chilli, ponzu & teriyaki dressing

The Churpy - €10.00
    Our own oven baked falafel, edamame, pickled cabbage, wakame, salted pineapple and mint in our devilishly unique yogurt, honey & tabasco dressing

The Cassie – €10.00
    Tandoori chicken with pickled cabbage & cucumber, edamame, salted pineapple, toasted almonds, baby leaf, coriander & a curried coconut dressing

The Lori - €11.00
    Vodka & dill marinated salmon with samphire, wakame, pickled cucumber & cabbage and toasted pumpkin seeds in a honey Dijon dressing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Thanks OP, but if it was for free I'd still not go, can you imagine the Queue's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Where is this shop located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

It's a chain, locations are:
    Merrion Street
    Holles Street
    Grand Canal
    Herbert Park
    Drury Street

It's not just Lolly and Cooks. You can get a 1 cent haircut too.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aib-customers-using-google-pay-or-apple-pay-can-get-a-brown-sugar-haircut-for-1c-this-weekend-37430339.html
    Dublin retailers on board with the campaign this Friday and Saturday (October 19 and 20) include Brown Sugar, Sugar Daddy, Lolly and Cooks and Kennedy’s Cafes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

JTMan wrote: »
    If you pay for your order using your phone (Apple Pay/Google Pay etc) then the following items are 1 cent each in Lolly and Cooks on Friday 19 October 2018 and Saturday 20 October 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/LollyandCooks/

AIB only?

"AIB is encouraging its customers to use Google Pay or Apple Pay by introducing a 1c promotion campaign across Dublin. "

• Advertisement

I think it is all mobile payments with all supporting banks.

The last time the 1 cent promo was run, my Android Pay (now Google Pay) account linked to my KBC credit card worked.

I don't think the retailer has the ability to charge one price to an AIB mobile wallet customer and a different price to a KBC/Revolut/N26/Ulster mobile wallet customers.

Got a 1 cent coffee with my KBC linked Google Pay account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Wasn't that busy this morning maybe by lunch, they haven't managed to get it to go viral so no mad queues.

They should of done it across multiple coffee shops to get a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

JTMan wrote: »
    Got a 1 cent coffee with my KBC linked Google Pay account.

Cool.

Can the retailer differentiate between providers on Play? Also have a KBC a/c on Play and don't want to be stung!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just got a coffee and a bowl in the Georges Arcade branch, no queue. Had passed the branch on Holles street and the queue was out the door. I'm a PTSB customer but after adding both my debit and credit card to Google Pay it said both couldn't be used to pay at the till because PTSB didn't allow it so I added my Revolut card and that worked fine (once I remembered to unlock my phone while paying:o )

• Advertisement

Well I’ll retract my statement up above. No Q whatsoever in George’s arcade. Thanks again OP. Great deal.

No queue for me in the Merrion Street store too.

This promo applies tomorrow too.
    johnnykilo wrote: »
    I'm a PTSB customer but after adding both my debit and credit card to Google Pay it said both couldn't be used to pay at the till

Yeah, PTSB, EBS and BoI do not support mobile payments. KBC, AIB, Ulster, Revolut and N26 do.

If you got deal today, can you get it tomorrow using same card or is it one per customer

Officially - max two offers per customer per offer.

Reality - I'm pretty sure they ain't tracking it / can't track it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Just got this, 2 x coffees and 2 x bowls - total 0.04c...... would never buy one of these bowls myself but it's worth it just to try.

Their coffee is delicious tough

Advertisement