Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a sofa order

Options
  • 14-10-2018 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I bought a sofa and armchair from EZ Living, I have paid in full and its in stock so not a special order. I have changed my mind about it for various reasons but see now that I cannot cancel the order without paying 20% of the cost price, has anyone had this experience?

It has not been delivered yet.

Comments

Zelda247 wrote: »
    I bought a sofa and armchair from EZ Living, I have paid in full and its in stock so not a special order. I have changed my mind about it for various reasons but see now that I cannot cancel the order without paying 20% of the cost price, has anyone had this experience?

It has not been delivered yet.

Perfectly reasonable and perfectly legal.

You changed your mind after buying it (it’s yours now, they just haven’t dropped it off yet) so their 20% charge is quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have you considered if it's possible to change to a different sofa they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I would be happy to change to another sofa but I would still lose 20%, about 200 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Zelda247 wrote:

I bought a couch from there a few years ago and distinctly remember them telling me this at the time of sale. All the Ts&C's are on the back of the receipt too, well they were when I purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Alucan

Have you contacted them and asked them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Happened to us, changed our minds after buying stuff dinning chairs. Hated them as soon as they arrived.

They were pushing the twenty percent but I pushed back about being a regular customer (we had bought a couple of beds/mattresses off them in the past).. eventually was reduced to 10% which I could swallow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Legally they don’t have to give you anything back.

So I’d take the hit or ask can you change to a different sofa.

Legally they don’t have to give you anything back.

So I’d take the hit or ask can you change to a different sofa.

I am happy to change to another sofa. I have asked but not heard back yet. 200 euro is hard to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Did you purchase it in-store or online? If online, you have 14 days from receipt of the goods to return it for a full refund: https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/returns-policy. If in-store, you're entirely dependent on the good-will of the store, although note this line from their policies:
    *In Store purchases are non-refundable, a store credit note will be issued to you instead of a refund.
    Contact them ASAP, they may not even have started the delivery process, so you may be able to switch to a different sofa without any penalty

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Just been on to them and getting a credit note, fantastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement