Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stripe and paypal on my website

Options
  • 14-10-2018 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

In the process of starting an online business and my website is almost built. These days in your opinion is it good to have more then one payment option? I did plan to use stripe, paypal and bank transfer options on my website. Is this too much and should I make things easier?

Paypal can accept card payment when you have a business account therefore I would not need stripe... I did not know this until recently. Is just having a checkout with paypal option professional? :confused:..My business is related to advertsing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi there

You make it as easy as you can for your customers to pay you. So if they dont want to use paypal they can use strip, eft or credit card also. It is not a good idea to limit their choice.

Best regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laving2

I have a friend that uses splink on their website. It's an Irish platform that sits on Stripe. He reckons they're cheaper than PayPal. Might be worth looking into?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

laving2 wrote: »
    I have a friend that uses splink on their website. It's an Irish platform that sits on Stripe. He reckons they're cheaper than PayPal. Might be worth looking into?

That [ul]looks[/ul] dodgy as anything, can't put my finger on it atm, just looks off

Anyway :

https://stripe.com/docs/quickstart

<form action="your-server-side-code" method="POST">
    <script
    src="https://checkout.stripe.com/checkout.js&quot; class="stripe-button"
    data-key="pk_test_TYooMQauvdEDq54NiTphI7jx"
    data-amount="999"
    data-name="Stripe.com"
    data-description="Example charge"
    data-image="https://stripe.com/img/documentation/checkout/marketplace.png&quot;
    data-locale="auto"
    data-zip-code="true">
    </script>
    </form>

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laving2

He's had no problem with it, well not that he tells me anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Soletraders

I would just use Paypal at the moment. As you said there is an option to pay by card. You have enough to think about setting up your site. Make sure to have a sales or quires email address so if anyone has any problems they can contact you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

As a previous poster has said, it is better to offer both options to your customers so that they have one less excuse not to purchase.
    I use both, after starting with just PayPal we now also offer Stripe.

The benefits in my opinion are as follows:

1. Users can directly enter their card details on your site with Stripe without you having to comply with PCI DSS, which is a major overhead. With PayPal the customer is directed away from your site to make payment on paypal.com and back to your site when complete (although there are issues with this!)

2. With PayPal, although the user does not need a PayPal account, some customers will believe that they need one and will click away when then see 'Pay with PayPal'

3. Stripe is cheaper!

Take a look at the payment page on www.drypro.ie if you'd like to see the 2 options together. By the way, since implementing Stripe alongside PayPal, we now receive approx 70% of orders via Stripe.

Advertisement