Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

religious certificate

• 14-10-2018 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I am a qualified teacher and studied in the UK. I have returned home to Ireland and am currently undertaking the SCG exam but have now heard I have to undertake a religious exam! I was wondering if anyone has any info on this??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

To work in a Catholic primary school, religion certificates are often required. This can vary from location to location though depending on the availability of teachers etc. Teachers who qualify in Ireland do this certificate alongside their degree/post grad but you will have to source and pay for one yourself if they are required in your area. In my locality, subbing and short term contracts are easy to come by without the religion cert but longer term positions are not as those with this qualification are treated as being more qualified. Here's an example of one of the courses available.
    https://www.dcu.ie/courses/Postgraduate/institute_of_education/Certificate-Religious-Study.shtml

Advertisement