Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with an Acer tree

Options
  • 14-10-2018 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice as I'm a bit of a novice. My Acer doesn't look to be in great shape (see attached). Does anyone have any recommendations for feeding it? Or does it look like it's drowning? Not sure what to make of it :/
    Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭standardg60

Hi,
    I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice as I'm a bit of a novice. My Acer doesn't look to be in great shape (see attached). Does anyone have any recommendations for feeding it? Or does it look like it's drowning? Not sure what to make of it :/
    Thanks for your help!

Looks fine to me.. I wouldn't be feeding or watering it at this time of year. The leaves are a bit battered from the high winds but they'll be falling soon anyway. Just leave it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Agree with the above, if they are in a bit of a draughty or exposed place they can also look a bit stressed. They prefer to be in a semi-sheltered area with other trees around. Mine would go scruffy with dead bits at the ends of the twigs sometimes, just cut off the worst of them and leave it to get on with it. Yours just looks as though it is getting autumnal, leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,829 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Lost one whole side of mine to drought damage. But it has all regenerated fine, without cutting any branches. Hates the wind.
    My favourite thing in the garden tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

Thanks all for the advice, you're making me feel more comfortable with it :)

Advertisement