Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease & Moving out

Options
  • 14-10-2018 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have been renting in a shared house for over 3 years, one of my housemates for more then 6 years . There are 4 of us altogether. The last one moved in a year and a half ago. Whenever anyone has moved out we just find a replacement. Our lease is renewing in December increasing by 4 percent same as last year. I will move out with my boyfriend this year and his landlord wants a reference from my landlord. I told my housemates this and asked should I get the reference before the new lease. She is worried if I ask for the reference the letting agent will try and do a major rent hike. Our rent is low because its been passed down among friends for years and our landlord is nice. (Though we do never bother him about the black mold covering the bathroom etc he knows about it as he has visited before ) Will they try and hike the rent or is it ok to find a replacement if the rest of the people are the original renters and one very long term.

Advertisement