Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland

Options
  • 14-10-2018 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Gawd has anyone had dealings with Three Ireland? Their customer service is dreadful and their shop staff can’t communicate with the online chat service. I’ve visited one of their stores four times and engaged in four diffferent chat threads but they haven’t fixed a phone that was delivered broken and late. They’ve billed me for this and for the monthly contract that I haven’t made a single call on. I looked at trustpilot after making the purchase (after the horse has bolted, I know) and the reviews are very poor. Any else had bad experience with them? How are the so successful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hybrid Soul

Yes they are horrendous. No interest in actually helping you or retaining your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Does anyone know what is happening with the Three webtext service?? Webtext used to run perfectly on O2. When Three took over, they 'revamped' it and it became less usable but at least it worked.

But as far as I can see Three webtext stopped functioning about 2 months ago. You wouldn't mind the odd outage but the delay in fixing this seems very odd. I've checked every week or so since to see 'Out of Service' messages. When I checked earlier today, I was advised to re register a new password etc. Did all that, typed my message to find it would not accept a phone number to txt to.

You'd have to suspect that Three have deliberately downgraded webtext so as to oblige customers to use mobile credit.

I could be looking for a new number soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Three are a disease

I'm locked in contract for another 8 months but the second that shackle is unlocked you wont see me for dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is happening with the Three webtext service?? Webtext used to run perfectly on O2. When Three took over, they 'revamped' it and it became less usable but at least it worked.

But as far as I can see Three webtext stopped functioning about 2 months ago. You wouldn't mind the odd outage but the delay in fixing this seems very odd. I've checked every week or so since to see 'Out of Service' messages. When I checked earlier today, I was advised to re register a new password etc. Did all that, typed my message to find it would not accept a phone number to txt to.

You'd have to suspect that Three have deliberately downgraded webtext so as to oblige customers to use mobile credit.

I could be looking for a new number soon..

Even the most basic plan has 3000 free texts, not sure many people at all bother with webtext anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

ED E wrote: »
    Even the most basic plan has 3000 free texts, not sure many people at all bother with webtext anymore.

8 fingers and 2 opposing thumbs to type with.

Webtext went AWOL in late Nov early Dec, came back partially earlier in Jan and almost completely usable for me about a week ago. Gone again now. Their "Talk to..." on Boards is also gone. No loss really. Never got my issues sorted and never appeared to put the consumer first!

• Advertisement
Advertisement