Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A discovery of Witches (Sky)

• 14-10-2018 5:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Can't find any relevant threads for this so starting one up.

Trailer made me worried it would be a certain stalking vampire style highschool series but honestly it's well done. I'm surprised how much I look forward to watching the next episode every week and the characters are interesting while not being perfect etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

On episode 5..a little bit twilighty but otherwise good up to this point. Interested to see where it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

On episode 5..a little bit twilighty but otherwise good up to this point. Interested to see where it goes

The lead actress Teresa Palmer (Diana) looks the spit of Kristen Stewart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Found the series so far very good. Can't quite figure out where the story line is headed yet ...

This is a great show imo i am enjoying it. I ended up reading the books this week as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm finding it good so far, solid cast as well IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bluewolf wrote: »
    This is a great show imo i am enjoying it. I ended up reading the books this week as well
    Not into the oul bookreadin' (big shock :D), but like you B, am enjoying this show.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Thought the book was better. It's SO serious - could do with some humour in it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

It's been renewed by Sky for a 2nd and 3rd series.

do we know when season 2 is out? i keep seeing 'end of 2019'
    i didn't actually search sky catchup yet but assume it's not out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

bluewolf wrote: »
    do we know when season 2 is out? i keep seeing 'end of 2019'
    i didn't actually search sky catchup yet but assume it's not out
    IMDB has season two listed for 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2nd season starts on Sky 1 on Friday January 8th at 9pm

How the hell did it take them 2 years to make season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Peter_OConnor

Watched Season One on Sky and didn't realise it was a couple of years old. Completely missed it the first time around. So delighted to hear that I only have to wait to 8th Jan until the new season is out.

Such a different type of show with it's emotionally uplifting script, more like the Queen's Gambit than True Blood!

Season 2 is brilliant have been bingeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Absolutely love it. First 5 episodes watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Season 2 has been far better than the first season - maybe that was down to the setting which was done really well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just watched the first episode. no idea what to expect. Big fan of Mathew Goode.. looking forward to next episode.

Loving the time switch at season 2. very unique.

I'm afraid you will be very disappointed when it comes to season 3, it was a real let down.

• Advertisement

Well, there is a Pixies song, Where is My Mind, after appearing... i'm suitably impressed with that, S3, E4

Advertisement