Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trims for dressmaking and curtains

• 14-10-2018 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

I was gutted to see that Hickeys in Patrick Street is closed now in Mahon Point, so dissapointing. Used to love getting trims and re inventing my wardrobe for each season. Guineys have a few bits but its mainly for curtains the have a lot of lace trims but not what I am looking for, I was looking for a leather trim to put on a plain wool mix dress to give it a bit of a kick, the other alternative is to find a flat type boot lace that would work if I could get it in a similar colour, any one any advice where I can shop now ? I know about vibes and scribes- thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Could you try leatherette from a furnishings shop? It doesn't fray so you can cut it into thin strips. How were you proposing to stitch it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Thanks - yes I have used leatherette very successfully from leggins I bought in Penneys and got great results, I like to use different trims for different fabrics they can give a great finish to a garment. There must be other places that do trims or someplace online? I stitch it on with machine no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

There's a little shop called the cork button company on pope's quay, I've never been in but they might have some stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

What about the crafters basket in sligo just google for the website

Advertisement