Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

movie "Christmas Jars" based on the novel by Jason Wright

out in the States on 4 Nov

trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

otnomart wrote: »
    movie "Christmas Jars" based on the novel by Jason Wright

out in the States on 4 Nov

trailer

I just ordered the book from the library - thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I finally got around to watching A Christmas Prince! At first I had so many questions - why is everyone in Aldovia seemingly British? Could this bint be any less subtle about taking photos/filming on her phone? - but then I just went with it and really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The thing with Netflix is the majority of series we’ve seen on BBC or have seen all those films in the cinema over the years. A lot of the Netflix originals are rubbish. We spent ages flicking through everything and not finding anything. I’m quoting after the crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We kicked off our christmas movie countdown with Christmas with the kranks tonight, hadn't seen it before but thought it a reasonable enough watch with a few scenes having our daughter in stitches... no doubt will get watched again but maybe not an 'every year' watch.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Christmas movie planned for next year

" The App That Stole Christmas is targeting a 2020 debut.
    With: Ray J, rapper, television personality. He will be joined by Jackie Long and musician JayQ The Legend. "

https://movieweb.com/the-app-that-stole-christmas-cast-ray-j-jackie-long/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Scarinae wrote: »
    I finally got around to watching A Christmas Prince! At first I had so many questions - why is everyone in Aldovia seemingly British? Could this bint be any less subtle about taking photos/filming on her phone? - but then I just went with it and really enjoyed it!
    Yeah, you have to switch the brain off for A Christmas Prince!

Although, everyone knows all royals (in American films) are British, no matter where they are from. Duh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to switch the brain off for A Christmas Prince!

Although, everyone knows all royals (in American films) are British, no matter where they are from. Duh. :pac:

Like in The Princess Diaries, where the royals also rule over somewhere that ends in 'ovia'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Watching The Flight Before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

^^^That looks very chessy, the perfect Sunday movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    We kicked off our christmas movie countdown with Christmas with the kranks tonight, hadn't seen it before but thought it a reasonable enough watch with a few scenes having our daughter in stitches... no doubt will get watched again but maybe not an 'every year' watch.

Agree, very watchable however would not be breaking into the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

https://irishtatler.com/lifestyle/netflix-christmas-movies
    All Christmas movies being added to netflix

Emilia Clarke was on BBC Radio 1 this morning talking about Last Christmas. Apparently they filmed from midnight until midday last Christmas so the streets would be quiet and festive but they still had people wandering into shot and doing double takes when they saw her.

She also said that Fairytale Of New York isn’t a very good song.

She also said that Fairytale Of New York isn’t a very good song.

Burn her at the stake!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Burn her at the stake!

Tie me to the stake too because it’s probably my least favourite Christmas song. :D I actually really dislike it.

Tie me to the stake too because it’s probably my least favourite Christmas song. :D I actually really dislike it.

Too early in the morning for a falling out so lets agree to disagree :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

:eek:

:eek:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Im just going to pretend that you didn't say that. In fairness all the warning signs were there when you said your favourite band were 5ive.

I still await being on the plane home to crank up fairytale, I dislike it any other time bar the flight or being in Ireland at Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I still await being on the plane home to crank up fairytale, I dislike it any other time bar the flight or being in Ireland at Christmas.

I honestly get goosebumps trying to imagine listening to that song on a flight home for Christmas, the rush when the chorus kicks in must be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If someone says "I dislike it", fair enough, I disagree but respect that.

If someone not involved in the industry says "It's not a good song" then I don't respect that comment.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »

Its 'probably' my favourite Christmas song, definitely one of my christmas classics anyway, but agree, I dont like listening to it outside the period of Dec 1st until Christmas itself. It just doesnt sound right to be listening to it at any other time.

Even on the spotify christmas playlists I'll skip it until December.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I see I've caused quite the controversy. (I blame Emilia.) :eek: BBC Radio 1 listeners weren't happy with her either. Sorry for dragging this thread off topic!

I see I've caused quite the controversy. (I blame Emilia.) :eek: BBC Radio 1 listeners weren't happy with her either. Sorry for dragging this thread off topic!

If we all like the same stuff, life would be a bit boring........

Must nearly be time for another 'Die Hard is not a Christmas movie' debate :)

CheerLouth wrote: »
    There's also Angela's Christmas (think it's on Netflix) - set in Dub, she steals the baby Jesus from the crib cos he looks cold. It's lovely.
    I have just watched the trailer for Angela's Christmas,

I agree with you, it looks lovely !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Was there a guide last year to Christmas movies on terrestrial tv or am I imagining it ? Can't seem to find the link

Was there a guide last year to Christmas movies on terrestrial tv or am I imagining it ? Can't seem to find the link

I think you’re right I think there was. This years hasn’t been released yet afaik.

"Last Christmas" movie coming up this year.
    Emma Thompson is both acting and screenplaying.
    Out in UK 15 November 2019

Reminder: Last Christmas, the movie is out tomorrow in the UK and Ireland.

I stopped the trailer half way through and did not read any review, looking forward to see it in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Reminder: Last Christmas, the movie is out tomorrow in the UK and Ireland.

I stopped the trailer half way through and did not read any review, looking forward to see it in the coming weeks.

Went to watch last Christmas last night with the Mrs, cinema full of women think I was one of only two men there. Mrs said to me during it, "I bet they will all think I dragged you here" cause it was actually me dragging her to it :-). But I love a good Christmas romantic movie and I don't care who knows it... Movie was excellent very Christmasey , Emma Thompson stole the show by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

CheerLouth wrote: »
    There's also Angela's Christmas (think it's on Netflix) - set in Dub, she steals the baby Jesus from the crib cos he looks cold. It's lovely.

It's not set in Dublin, it's set in Limerick.

• Advertisement

Went to watch last Christmas last night with the Mrs, cinema full of women think I was one of only two men there. Mrs said to me during it, "I bet they will all think I dragged you here" cause it was actually me dragging her to it :-). But I love a good Christmas romantic movie and I don't care who knows it... Movie was excellent very Christmasey , Emma Thompson stole the show by a mile.

Are you available for rent? Not a hope in hell my fella will come see it with me!

Advertisement