Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are you available for rent? Not a hope in hell my fella will come see it with me!

I’m available for rent. My rates are popcorn and nachos.

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m available for rent. My rates are popcorn and nachos.

Excellent! You're on the bench for now. I got a "maybe" from himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Are you available for rent? Not a hope in hell my fella will come see it with me!

Yup I'm on adverts very reasonable :-)
    Weirdest thing today we were in Limerick buying a new rug and last Christmas the song was playing outside 3 separate stores really loud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Went to watch last Christmas last night with the Mrs, cinema full of women think I was one of only two men there. Mrs said to me during it, "I bet they will all think I dragged you here" cause it was actually me dragging her to it :-). But I love a good Christmas romantic movie and I don't care who knows it... Movie was excellent very Christmasey , Emma Thompson stole the show by a mile.[/QU

I saw it earlier, imho it was better than the reviews led me to believe Christmassy and heartwarming, a small bit of social commentary but not too much, very enjoyable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,607 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Let it snow on Netflix is fun, it's aiming to be a bit like love actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tie me to the stake too because it’s probably my least favourite Christmas song. :D I actually really dislike it.

*looks around innocently* I don’t like it either

Runs away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Thanks for that Lord S and Funnynights (and for not including spoilers !),
    Was just thinking it has been ages since I have seen a fully-flegged Christmas movie at the cinema, as they have mainly become a "made for TV" thing,
    I think the last time I have seen one at the cinema were The Family Stone and Joyeux Noel (both waaay back in 2005) !

otnomart wrote: »
    Thanks for that Lord S and Funnynights (and for not including spoilers !),
    Was just thinking it has been ages since I have seen a fully-flegged Christmas movie at the cinema, as they have mainly become a "made for TV" thing,
    I think the last time I have seen one at the cinema were The Family Stone and Joyeux Noel (both waaay back in 2005) !
    The lighthouse cinema do a whole season of classic christmas films if you want to see something on the big screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Watched Let It Snow at the weekend & enjoyed it. You don't need to think while watching it so perfect Christmas film! :D

gmisk wrote: »
    The lighthouse cinema do a whole season of classic christmas films if you want to see something on the big screen!

Oh, I loved the Lighthouse ! went there fairly often when I lived in IE !

There and the IFI too, both great selection of movies.

• Advertisement

Interesting article: What Christmas Movie Should You Watch, Based On Your MBTI®

https://screenrant.com/holiday-christmas-movie-mbti-personality/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Trailer for A Christmas Prince - A Royal Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK0zCsxBG3U

It looks like complete drivel - I can't wait!!!!!!!!! :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This could be the one that wins the oscar! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    This could be the one that wins the oscar! :D

Or the christmas version of the raspberries = The cranberry!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Trading places

Dan Ackroyd as a really skanky santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Last Christmas is a very very strange film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Last Christmas is a very very strange film.

?

TRS30 wrote: »
    ?

The plot is just very different than I expected. Won't go into any details so I don't spoil it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The plot is just very different than I expected. Won't go into any details so I don't spoil it!

Intriguing!

Speaking of spoilers; going to see Frozen2 on Sunday so trying hard not to see/hear any spoilers. Heard a few flying around twitter so staying off till Sunday.

• Advertisement

I think I can guess
    it's the lyric from the song...the guy died and gave her heart to the main girl?
    I am guessing I ain't seen it

Netflix have a new Christmas film...the knight before Christmas...it's cheesy and sappy...I enjoyed it.. Lifetime movie with a big budget.
    Bizarrely plugging Alexa...and Netflixs own Christmas movies...lol
    Let it snow is better though :)

Watched elf with the kids tonight, still makes me laugh every time I watch it. Brilliant.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Watched elf with the kids tonight, still makes me laugh every time I watch it. Brilliant.
    Such a brilliant Christmas film...love it.

gmisk wrote: »
    I think I can guess
    it's the lyric from the song...the guy died and gave her heart to the main girl?
    I am guessing I ain't seen it
    Yep, but he's actually dead from the beginning like in The Sixth Sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Watched snowman, Father Christmas and snowman and the snow dog with my son as he was off sick today. Walking in the air song just puts me in a trance back to the 80’s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just watched Noelle. Really enjoyed it. 14 year old son even got into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I watched Klaus on Netflix over the weekend it was excellent.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I watched Klaus on Netflix over the weekend it was excellent.

We're watching that this evening, great to hear the good report!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

The Santa clause is on RTÉ at 6.45 on Saturday

Advertisement