Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love that film!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Love that film, thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

short: The Christmas Letter

narrated by Kate Winslet
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6076040/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

otnomart wrote: »
    short: The Christmas Letter

narrated by Kate Winslet
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6076040/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Trailer

Where can you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Forgot how good Santa Claus is. Really enjoyed it last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Watched Christmas with the Coopers last night and I always wondered why a movie with such a fantastic cast isn't more talked about and now I understand why, it was very underwhelming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

National Lampoon Christmas vacation is 30 years old this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Loughc wrote: »

Watched that last night still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Still as good today as when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Watched that and Scrooged today while making the dinner and fine tuning the tree. Been holding off till December before I watched them.

There’s a movie called “the night before” Came across it on Netflix last year and is worth a watch. Not a family movie, Seth Rogan and Jason Gordon levitt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Surviving Christmas, wtf has die hard got anything to do with Xmas or Harry tosser 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 11,000 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Christmas Chronicles is great fun, just enough hitting you in the feels mixed with the action and comedy. Very family friendly too. Watched that and Muppet Christmas Carol today (didn't realise there was a song that got cut from that until today, where Ghost of Christmas past is showing scrooge the break up with his fiancé)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

weetiepie wrote: »
    Where can you see this?

according to this, The Christmas Letter will air on Sky One and be available on-demand on Sky Kids.

www.animationxpress.com/index.php/latest-news/uks-sky-to-air-the-christmas-letter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Watched that and Muppet Christmas Carol today (didn't realise there was a song that got cut from that until today, where Ghost of Christmas past is showing scrooge the break up with his fiancé)

This upsets me greatly every year when I watch it, I LOVE that song!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I watched Jingle all the Way yesterday, it's not as bad as I remember it to be. The final scenes and ending are dire though but I enjoyed most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Christmas Chronicles is great fun, just enough hitting you in the feels mixed with the action and comedy. Very family friendly too. Watched that and Muppet Christmas Carol today (didn't realise there was a song that got cut from that until today, where Ghost of Christmas past is showing scrooge the break up with his fiancé)

Yeah, was removed because some Disney exec decided he didn't like that slowing things down. But then the reprise of that at the end makes no sense, as it's not referring back to that song half way through!
    I watched Jingle all the Way yesterday, it's not as bad as I remember it to be. The final scenes and ending are dire though but I enjoyed most of it
    For me, it's one of those movies that's terrible, but I love it despite that! And Phil Hartman is just brilliant (as usual)

MN1nVYH.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Why is Elf rarely on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Let It Snow (2019), with a bunch of people who I suspect are famous for TV shows I don't watch (plus Ned from Spider-man). Surprisingly amusing in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Why is Elf rarely on?

Think its one of the ones sky have the rights to & show infrequently. Though in saying that I could be completely wrong, though I'm convinced I read somewhere a few years ago that they had bought the broadcasting rights to a huge amount of christmas films so we wouldnt see so many on 'free to air' tv stations anymore.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Why is Elf rarely on?
    I bought it on DVD a couple of years ago, because I don't have Sky.
    Now I can watch it whenever I want. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Posy wrote: »
    I bought it on DVD a couple of years ago, because I don't have Sky.
    Now I can watch it whenever I want. :D

I have sky and sky movies and it’s still never on. This is some stop animation movie called The Elf baaed on it that’s on in a few weeks

Watched the Bishop's Wife this evening, I watch it every year now after stumbling across it late one night on Channel 4 a few years ago.

Cary Grant plays a not completely wholesome angel very well. David Niven the stressed Bishop who's lost sight of what's important opposite Loretta Young's character, who's the only completely "nice" one of the three leads.

Monty Woolley is great (yes I had to Google his name!) as the Professor, and look out for Zuzu Bailey and a young George Bailey in familiar territory!

Oh, and if you're having difficulty finding it on streaming services (it's not on amazon or Google play) Daily Motion has an okay copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched Die Hard, Home Alone, Four Christmas's and a few chessy Netflix movies. They were more background than anything else as we have had a busy week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,136 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Really behind on the christmas movie viewing this year as we've had so much on. Nothing planned for this weekend other than the external decorations (internal ones finishes last weekend) and some movietime with the kids!! Expecting home alone 1&2 & possibly christmas vacation too... Its a wonderful life will be left until christmas eve as its one of our traditions now to watch it after the kids have gone to bed.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Watching Trading Places. Looking good Billy-Ray.

Watching Trading Places. Looking good Billy-Ray.

Feeling good Louis

I watched the new Vanessa Hudgens one on Netflix the other night. 'The Knight Before Christmas'. I have unashamedly admitted to loving all those awful cheesy movies but that one is too bad even for me. I truly thought it was awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

^^ ha watched that one also. She is very easy on the eye.

Advertisement