Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Watched Lovehard over the weekend on Netflix. Really enjoyable from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭tscul32

Watched that on Saturday night.like you, I enjoyed it but it's not a movie I'd seek out in the future.

Poor Caroline Quentin though, she's only 5 years older than Liz Hurley but still played her mum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Liz Hurley looks amazing though, at least 10 years younger than her age!

I thought it was a bit of a cop out that he left and never contacted his children again because the mother had an affair, thus absolving him of all those absent years. Like, he still could have picked up a phone!

Agree, thought that was kind of brushed off, that would have been my main issue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Watched Love Hard on Netflix. It’s sweet, charming and predictable. A step above a hallmark movie but below a Hollywood movie.

some absolute stunning Christmas visuals and good Christmas tunes too. A nice watch but can’t ever seeing myself rewatching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I never watched the Princess switch files before but had an unexpected day at home today so put one on….then the other….now one left…..awful stuff but enjoyable obviously

I watched the third princess one at the weekend. Harmless Christmassy stuff with lots of snow.

I finally got around to watching Last Christmas tonight. Really enjoyed it! I had heard mixed reviews, so my expectations were low. 😁 Nice, sweet film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Started to watch 'Surviving Christmas' with Ben Affleck last night. Got sucked in because the opening is so Christmas. Went down hill fast and then fell asleep. Assume I didn't miss much??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Genuinely one of the worst Christmas movies I’ve ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭DvB

To be fair we said something similar after watching the second time. Though to be fair I wouldn't be as positive towards it as you sound... though it wouldn't be the first film to grow on me over time.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I think Klaus is the most recent Christmas film I've seen that I'd want to watch every Christmas.

I did enjoy Last Christmas, but can't see myself watching it year after year, like Elf or Fred Claus or Die Hard. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Watched the kind of redo of Home Alone 1.....Home Sweet Home on Disney the other night. we were not impressed. Fab visuals but

other than that....bad ! Maybe it was us.....

Agree re: Klaus, we have it on our must watch list now too. Elf was a little tired for us this year, might give it a rest next year so we dont get too sick of it and ruin it completely.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Watched The Christmas Chronicles: Part 2 last night and it was very enjoyable - watched the first one last year. Thought it was so well done and then saw that the director is Chris Columbus, so that explains why I liked it!

A boy called Christmas available on sky cinema from today, have been looking forward to seeing that one as our kids loved the books.

Saw an advert for 'Last train to Christmas' on sky also, starring Micheal Sheen, looks interesting. Available from Dec. 18th.

Same here, hopefully going to watch it Sunday when we are back. Looks good in the trailers so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

White Christmas about to start on Film 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Jack frost RTE1 now

• Advertisement

Watched it last night as sister got Now TV so could steam it.

Very good, the kids loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Something I noticed on Disney+, For years now we've been moaning that whenever a channel puts on The Muppet Christmas Carol that it leaves out Belle's musical piece The Love is Gone. Well it seems Disney+ have met us halfway. It's not back in the film itself unfortunately but it is available in extras as a deleted scene. So next time you throw it on, you can come out, play the scene and go back in. Oh and I've bumped the Klaus thread on the main Films forum so feel free to pop in a review over there and keep it in peoples minds. I'd love for more to see this potential classic.

So on Belles musical number I only learned this fact last night. Disney have lose the original negative for that scene.

So because of that they can’t upscale it to HD or 4K. The only copy they have of that scene is the original VHS release of the movie. If they were to leave it in the movie the video quality would massively drop off so they refuse to put it back in even tho it’s a massive character point for Scrooge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭flazio

almost a year old and still not on Disney plus. Maybe next year for the 30th anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Watched Klause last night. I was impressed , I thought it was a bit all over the place at the start but got very good as it went on. Definitely the best Christmas film I've seen since Disney's a Christmas Carol about 12 years ago.

Post edited by Smell the glove on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I agree its a brilliant movie, best new classic Christmas movie since die hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I got one!!

• Advertisement

Christmas documentary on Apple TV looks good!

Advertisement