Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Robin Robin on Netflix is a lovely short film.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Seen it many times myself, I must've missed the sexual content every time! :D

Alcohol references were light compared to anything these days "sherry that warms but doesn't inebriate" I think the fellow said.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

National lampoon’s Christmas vacation is on sky showcase at 6pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Thanks for the links for this. Really appreciate it. Looking forward to watching another classic over the Christmas. I feel the old movies really give the nostalgic real Christmas feeling that the more modern ones don't have. Roll on sitting in front of blazing fire watching this.😁

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Channel 5 Tue 28.12.2021 Planes, Trains and Automobiles 17:10 - 18:55 (105 min.)

• Advertisement

Can't see this scene making the cut being on that early😅😬:

You can start by wiping that f*cking dumb-ass smile off your rosy f*cking cheeks! Then you can give me a f*cking automobile! A f*cking Datsun, a f*cking Toyota, a f*cking Mustang, a f*cking Buick! Four f*cking wheels and a seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still haven't had a chance to watch Christmas vacation... its the only one of our annual list we haven't gotten around to... must watch before the week is out.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I would recommend Planes. trains & automobiles for a good xmas movie. Even though it is thanksgiving, they are most or less the same over here. Watch it each year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've had a lull in the movie watching after being sick the last few days. Must catch up in the 'middle' days next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

So far we've watched Klause , Elf, Polar Express, A Christmas Carol, Love Actually, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, The Snowman, The Snowman and The Snowdog, Father Christmas, Trading Places. Still have a few to go!

• Advertisement

Must watch the snowman today if I get a chance. That and a Charlie Brown Christmas.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 29,373 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Father Christmas is Back... v poor. What a waste of Kelsey Grammer, John Cleese, Liz Hurley, Kris Marshall and Caroline Quentin. Even wine and wensleydale couldnt redeem this one as a viewing experience.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The snowman is on channel 4 today at 5pm. The snowman and snowdog is on straight after it too...

Watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Wizard of Oz so far today. Neither Christmas films but both mean a lot to me, we would watch with my dad when he'd come to visit us at Christmas, usually singing along half cut.

His rendition of Me Ol' Bamboo was, and still is, legendary in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Left Klaus until this morning, still as good as I remember. Little lump in my throat when I saw the credits and Norm McDonald's name credited as the ferry man. I had only just finished watching him voice an alien blob on Seth MacFarland's sci-fi show The Orville when I learned he passed away earlier this year.

Rest in Peace sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,373 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Saying Yes to Christmas... one of the better Lifetime movies from their production line. There is a fantasy concept to it:

A magical Christmas wish makes a career-obsessed woman say "yes" to every invitation while she's home for the holidays

I think it would have been interesting to see this in a darker comedy, or even a 1970s British sitcom plot (say someone does it for a bet) and the strange and eccentric characters and places it brings the lead to... But in this movie, everyone is gosh so nice.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

That sounds better than most films 🤣🤣🤣

I'm watching Christmas Under Wraps on Netflix. Haven't come across it before and sure I had to view! 😁

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

I have to finish it today, but so far it was decent! The usual Christmas movie formula! Big city girl, small town with a festive name etc. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Movies24 are showing some Christmas films too, I try to watch at least 1 a night 🤶

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I noticed that they have been showing at least one Christmas movie a day on it alright. One evening last week they played 3 in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,618 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Amazon Prime have a fun new little British Christmas film called "your Christmas or mine?" Very watchable Asa Butterfield (sex education is the lead)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭ozmo

Not quite feature movie length - but Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special worth a watch

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The Noel Diaries on Netflix is a good watch!

I saw it last week, very enjoyable with a fantastic soundtrack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Pistachio19

Is that the one with the adoption story? I was looking forward to it but the end was a bit abrupt. Wish they'd just added a bit more to it.

My daughter sent me a link to 'Every Hallmark Christmas Movie' this morning. Its spot on 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yes, it's the adoption one alright, I agree about the ending and I think a lot of people were saying that online also!

• Advertisement

Advertisement