Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Elf is 15 years old today. Anyone else feeling old right now?

:o whaaaat? I'm feeling ancient. Thanks!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep very old. Wow if you told me it was 10 years old I’d still be as stunned.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah crap. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Home alone
    It's a wonderful life
    Miracle on 34th
    The Santa clause
    Die hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version)

Die Hard

The Christmas Choir (Hallmark, happened across it last year I think and enjoyed it, based on a true story)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version)

Die Hard

The Christmas Choir (Hallmark, happened across it last year I think and enjoyed it, based on a true story)

I am :eek: running out of youtube Christmas movies (with 48 days before Christmas even :oneed to pace myself)...
    I shall have to look for The Christmas Choir :D not seen that one yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have anyone seen the Hallmark Christmas Movie, "The Christmas Train"?

I normally don't do Hallmark movies but this one came highly recommended on a podcast I listen too and apparently it's an adaption of a book and the book is meant to be even better!

Loughc wrote: »
    Have anyone seen the Hallmark Christmas Movie, "The Christmas Train"?

I normally don't do Hallmark movies but this one came highly recommended on a podcast I listen too and apparently it's an adaption of a book and the book is meant to be even better!

Yes! The ending was mad! I was ranting about it for ages at home. :D But I enjoyed it and the cast is excellent. It was on Christmas 24 a couple of weeks ago so no doubt it will be repeated.

Oh and because the cast is so good it’s easy to forget that it’s Hallmark, but don’t worry, at one point they clearly use a toy train instead of an actual train.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Loughc wrote: »
    I still haven't watched it, the storyline is too bleak for me.

You probably have to watch until the end.

It’s the best Christmas movie for me. Followed by any number of adaptions of A Christmas Carol.

I don’t really see action movies set at Christmas as being about Christmas. And home alone is thanksgiving.

Oh and because the cast is so good it’s easy to forget that it’s Hallmark, but don’t worry, at one point they clearly use a toy train instead of an actual train.

Excellent, cant wait for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Muppets Christmas Carol
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Die Hard
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    While You Were Sleeping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

at one point they clearly use a toy train instead of an actual train.

Please tell me thats a joke!?:D:D:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Please tell me thats a joke!?:D:D:D

There's a scene where the camera is looking down at the train surrounded by snow and I had to rewind it and call my husband in to show him how fake the train was. :D

There's a scene where the camera is looking down at the train surrounded by snow and I had to rewind it and call my husband in to show him how fake the train was. :D

Hahaha I'm gonna try to watch this today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I have to see this. Will search for it online tonight...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Can I throw some foreign movies in the mix ?

Joyeux Noel - about the Christmas Truce in WW1 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424205/

A Christmas Tale - French family drama - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993789/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

^^ We will defo give them a look, the OH being a francophone will love them. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Myself and True Christmas and Christmas 24 have become best friends :D I’ve only watched it for 2 days straight so far and I adore Hallmark movies as I love their endings :):D A lot of famous actors have gotten in on the Christmas movies bug ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Trailer for "A Christmas Prince: Royal Wedding" :D

https://youtu.be/Y6U-eMDmMoc

I shouldn't be as excited as I am about this lol :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Trailer for "A Christmas Prince: Royal Wedding" :D

I shouldn't be as excited as I am about this lol :D
    What a cliched, schmaltzy looking film.
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can't wait!

Remember last year Netflix tweeted about the first part of that film saying.. "to the 53 people who've watched a Christmas prince every day for the past 18 days: Who hurt you?" Bahaha I thought that was hilarious!! Although I think they got some flack for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Elf
    A christmas carol 2009
    The nativity story 2006
    Love actually
    The snowman

Has anyone seen the man who invented christmas? Is it any good?.missed it last year in cinema, so decided to hold off until this year to watch it.

I just scrolled past it on Netflix, and wondered if it's any good. Great minds!

Can't wait to get watching cheesy Netflix movies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Only used Netflix today for the first time...watched Christmas Inheritance...
    Is there a way to look options for Christmas films only....I saw where it asked what Genre you wanted.......but could.nt see
    an option for Christmas Films... TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Only used Netflix today for the first time...watched Christmas Inheritance...
    Is there a way to look options for Christmas films only....I saw where it asked what Genre you wanted.......but could.nt see
    an option for Christmas Films... TIA

You can just use the search function and type in Christmas. Any related films will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

What are the best movies for toddlers? Our one tends to like animated films and looking to put on a few that will get them all excited for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

What are the best movies for toddlers? Our one tends to like animated films and looking to put on a few that will get them all excited for Christmas

I love: Pluto’s Christmas Tree (1952)
    It's only 7 minutes
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto%27s_Christmas_Tree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Brought my 10 year old to see the new version of The Grinch today, she loved it, a bit more child friendly than the Jim Carey version, not so much leaping around and hysterics, great fun all the same.

Advertisement